Position Location: Dearborn, MI
Department: Merchandise Planning
Reports To: Sr. Manager of Merchandise Planning
Job Status: Remote
Job Band: Supervisor
SummaryThe Merchandise Planner develops, manages, and executes sales, inventory and margin plans that tie to financial targets for multiple accounts and/or product categories. This individual contributes to the success of the organization by forging strong cross-functional partnerships, correlating historical and current trends, planning and forecasting multiple monthly and annual KPI’s, optimizing inventory and is able to present, articulate and defend their plan position. The Merchandise Planner serves as a business manager within Men’s Bottoms, working with the other Merchandise Planners and Sr. Planners.
We are All Leaders at CarharttIn our words and by our actions, we strive to emulate the hardworking example set forth by our founder, Hamilton Carhartt. We Lead Business by creating value, delivering on results, and making changes along the way. We Lead Self by being dependable, because hardworking people count on us to have their back every day. We Lead Others by communicating and clearly defining the path as we walk bravely into the future. Working at Carhartt, we are all given a seat at the table and the honor of continuing the legacy.
- Develop and cultivate planner/merchant partnerships to create both pre-season and Longer range assortments and forecasts in alignment with organizational strategies and targets.
- Support the pre-season plan review process. Partner with Merchandising to present, articulate and support the plan position in relation to global financial targets for revenue, margin, productivity, average inventory, and turn.
- Review category level roll-ups in relation to prior forecast and original plan. Provide feedback and direction to teams consistent with the company’s top-down goals.
- Using historical trends and analyses, coupled with market and consumer insights, identify areas of opportunity with the assortment to drive sales and margin.
- Initiate root-cause analysis for data trend changes or to strategically support go-forward plans
- Partner with cross functional teams to efficiently manage product life cycle for the assigned book of business.
- Lead and facilitate monthly/weekly meetings with key partners to understand current trends as well as proactively identify risks and opportunities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to resolve opportunities as they arise. Take a proactive approach to identifying potential roadblocks and seeks out resolutions in a timely manner.
- Identify planning process pain points and/or gaps and is able to propose potential solutions to a broad audience
- Champion the Merchandise Planning process and related calendar. Work to ensure company best practices are adhered to and completed within the allotted timeframe.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience required in Related Field
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in a planning or forecasting field
- Self-motivated, passionate and enthusiastic individual ready to bring energy and excitement to lead their business
- Analytical thinker with an aptitude for Retail math and forecasting methodology
- Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and delegate workload, juggling multiple concurrent projects and deliverables.
- Proactive critical thinking approach when confronting problem solving
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels including management and external partners
- Change Champion – ability to adapt to and within continuously evolving organizational and planning processes
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Knows how to clearly communicate, support, and hold firm a perspective on the business. Will confidently provide clear rationale, especially when influencing others to gain alignment
- Curiosity and passion to enhance and/or develop more efficient and effective best practice processes
- Strong sense of urgency to change, adapt, and push process forward
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office-Excel & Powerpoint, and ability to adapt to new Planning tools) are needed
- Office Environment
- Travel (20%)
- Remote location: Associate will have no regular requirement to be on-site. Travel on-site is limited to special events.
- Tobacco Free