Merchandise Planner - Footwear
DICK'S Sporting Goods
Coraopolis, PA 15108, USAPosted 1 day ago
Full timeSporting Goods Manufacturing,Manufacturing,Retail
DescriptionOUR COMPANY IS GROWING AND SO IS OUR TEAM. PLEASE NOTE: THIS ROLE IS LOCATED IN PITTSBURGH, PA (RELOCATION ASSISTANCE PROVIDED).The Merchandise Planner drives decisions & strategies that will deliver and maximize sales, margin, turn and GMROI goals. Contribute to achieving best in class planning and merchandising team that will accomplish company and departmental goals.
QualificationsJob Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops Omni Channel department financial plans that align with strategic goals of the department and company.
- Develops Assortment plans in conjunction with buyer that align item plans to financial plans. Analyzes assortment plan to identify assortment gaps or potential opportunities or liabilities to the financial plan.
- Partner with the internal and external business partners to ensure we are delivering our plans in season, course correcting when necessary to ensure we are driving sales and GM while managing our inventory. Analyzes business performance to identify opportunities in Sales, Margin and Turnover to meet or exceed plan. Includes ad hoc analysis and in-season category and item level forecasting to establish inventory levels that drive sales and profitability. Communicates strategies to management by effectively summarizing analysis. Influence business partners by presenting sound analysis and impacts to the overall business.
- Communicates and collaborates with vendors in order to align on sales and receipt forecasts to ensure vendors can support forecasted demand. Identify potential variances and develop and communicate strategies to maximize sales and profitability.
- Partners with merchandise analysts to ensure Omni channel allocation strategy aligns with overall inventory flow strategy. Identify any gaps and develop strategies to maximize inventory productivity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business Related field, Business Management, Retail, Finance
- 5 - 7 Years
- 3+ years of planning or related merchandising experience a must
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Business acumen
- Customer-service oriented
- Strong Interpersonal and client consultation skills
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Strong presentational skills
- Problem solving & troubleshooting capabilities
- Execution skills
- Ability to drive projects and manage project teams
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- In depth analytical skills
- Strong detail orientation
- Superior organizational abilities
- Process & procedure oriented
- Please note this position is located in our corporate HQ in Pittsburgh, PA.