Merchandise Planner, Retail
Jimmy Choo is a 21st century luxury accessories brand, with shoes at its heart, offering an empowered sense of glamour and a playfully daring spirit.
Who You Are:
The Retail Merchandise Planner is a key position within the Retail Department reporting to the Director of Buying & Planning. This position will provide support to achieve financial merchandise strategies to maximize sales, profit, inventory, and turn objectives for the Jimmy Choo Outlet stores for US and Canada. We are seeking an experienced planner who can handle high volumes and a fast paced environment. This position will collaborate cross functionally with our global team, buying, allocations, finance, marketing and store teams to develop business targets and drive alignment across teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Reporting & Analysis:
- Manage and execute detailed daily/ weekly/monthly merchandise and store reports as well as any ad hoc reporting needs to deliver sales, margin, turn, sell thru and other relevant KPIs
- Pre/In/Post seasonal analysis to identify successes and opportunities by class, depth, sku, and sell thru.
- Participate in MFO buy prep and OTB processes. Work with GMM to plan and forecast future merchandise buys based on historical buys and current inventory
- Identify and recommend strategies to improve sales vs stock opportunities through reorders, transfers and receipt monitoring
- Manage sample sale inventory and work closely with logistics, finance and global teams
- Monitor Outlet inventory flow and assortment for seasonal and Core styles to maximize readiness for key selling periods.
- Analyze and propose monthly Outlet promotion strategies to drive sales, address aged inventory, maximize profitability and increase sell-thru
- Maintain and manage pricing updates according to seasonal and markdown strategy.
- Manage, review, analyze and adjust outlet inventory build/stock models for replenishment orders
- Work closely with allocator to optimize store assortments, by maximizing owned inventory, monitoring receipt flow, stock rotation, & months/weeks on-hand
- Warehouse & Logistics
- Monitor overall warehouse inventory levels to ensure adequate service levels and capacity
- Track inbound/outbound merchandise, liaise with Logistics to ensure timely shipping and prioritization
- Liaise with Logistics and IT teams to maintain accurate inventory database.
- Manage and supervise department interns
- Support a team-oriented, innovative, results oriented team
You’ll Need to Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 4 years retail planning experience with merchandising, planning, forecasting and allocation in a retail environment.
- Highly competent in Microsoft Office, Excel (Proficiency with Macros highly preferred)
- Ability to work in NYC office 3 days a week.
- Receipt of the COVID-19 vaccine is a requirement for this position, subject to applicable exemptions.
We’d Love to See:
- The ability to think strategically, drive results and build a high-performance organization
- Proven ability to be strategic and tactical in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Entrepreneurial, out of the box thinker
- Ability to self-manage and deliver against objectives while working with tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills. Highly organized and ability to adapt to quickly changing priorities
- Articulate with excellent communication style - Dynamic, confident and enthusiastic communicator
- Experience in Luxury Retail and SAP systems a plus
- Generous Holiday Schedule and Vacation Days
- Summer Fridays
- Internal mobility across Capri Brands (Michael Kors, Jimmy Choo, Versace)
- Cross-brand Discount
- Exclusive Employee Sales
- 401k Match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Thrive Wellness Program (seasonal in-office massages and more!)
- Commuter Benefits
- Gym Discounts
At Capri, we are all responsible for creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.We try to inspire change and growth within each other and believe success is a result that comes from our differences. Capri is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusivity regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. M/D/F/V
For other Jimmy Choo jobs clickhere!