Merchandise Planner - Vendor Direct Commerce
We are a leading specialty retailer of casual apparel, footwear and accessories for young men, young women, boys and girls with an extensive assortment of iconic global, emerging, and proprietary brands rooted in an active and social lifestyle. We are based out of sunny Southern California at the Tilly’s RSC. You’ll hear the term RSC a lot, it stands for Retail Support Center since our corporate offices are here to support our retail and online stores.
Working at Tillys allows you to experience a new style of work life. Our work culture is fun and relaxed. We encourage you to be you and that means you should be comfortable. Our employees enjoy a casual dress code and a fun, fast paced work environment where creative minds work together to achieve common goals. As a part of the team you’ll contribute towards and share in our success. A career at Tillys is all about working together to make things happen… so what are you waiting for?
SummaryThe following is a brief description of responsibilities to be performed by the Merchandise Planner - Vendor Direct Commerce. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Develop annual financial plans by month including sales, inventory, margin and turn
- Enter and analyze the merchandise plans utilizing the SAS Planning system
- Forecast weekly and monthly sales for vendor direct commerce based on historical trends and future anticipated business at the departmental level to manage business and control inventory
- Complete weekly reporting on sales and open-to-buy status to the merchant team for vendor direct commerce
- Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency of information, share best practices
- Analysis as needed, recognizing risks and opportunities in business
- Attend and lead merchandise planning meetings with merchants and supervisors to review sales, inventory, markdowns, stock to sales, etc. within proposed merchandise plans
- Consistently challenge the team to increase sales while managing turn and margin goals for vendor direct commerce
- Weekly analysis and interpretation of company reports at both the dollar and unit levels
- Meet weekly with ecommerce partners to discuss opportunities for vendor direct commerce
- Make recommendations to ecommerce team based on analysis, website data and historical data
- Personal Performance:
- Assist in the training of new staff members
- Give continuous constructive feedback
- Clear and concise communication with upper management
- Remain open, positive, and adaptable to change
- Document suggestions, ideas, areas of opportunity for growth or improvement of the company
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to perform all essential duties and responsibilities listed above
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to multitask and reprioritize projects frequently
- Independent, self-motivated, team player
- Understanding of eCommerce
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management
- 1-4 years of Planning/Allocation experience preferred
- 1-2 years of retail experience preferred
- 1-2 years of ecommerce experience preferred
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Typical office environment with low level noise exposure.
- Bonus eligible
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits … vision is fully paid by us!
- Employee Discount online and in-store
- Discount on numerous attractions, travel and events
- Employee Sample Sale
- Relaxed work environment … wear what we sell in our stores
- 40 hours paid sick time granted on day 1!
- Fitness and wellness events virtually or at the office