$40-$43 per hour
Temp Contract (through September)
TCWGlobal is searching for a Sourcing Associate. The Sourcing Associate is responsible for executing product sourcing strategies across Apparel/Accessories/Pins/Plush categories. This position reports to the Global Sourcing Manager and provides support and assistance within operational and organizational functions.
The Sourcing Associate will develop, collaborate, and produce results regarding product quality and time/cost efficiency. This person drives margin and improves efficiencies across all markets and distribution channels.
Sourcing and Product Compliance
- Assist/Manage the merchandise sourcing & production of select product categories for the client in partnership with the Sourcing Manager.
- Partner on vendor strategy, product costing/placement, manage vendor communication and production management related to designated product categories.
- Responsible for ensuring products meet established global standards for safety and quality with product integrity partners.
Productivity and Process
· Track progress of production cycle against key milestone dates through daily maintenance of the Development Tracking Report (DTR).
- Contact vendors to follow-up and verify the accuracy of provided data, resolve routine issues and ensure vendor alignment with client processes and procedures.
- Follow up with vendor communication regarding any outstanding deadlines to ensure resolve.
- Liaise with vendors and all 3rd party suppliers to ensure guidelines are followed to avoid late deliveries and charge backs due to non-compliance.
- Ensure all products are shipped on time to support established launch dates.
- Provide accurate development and production status details to internal partners at scheduled meetings or ad-hoc requests.
- Maintain overall vendor capacity status reports with relation to forecasted demand and actual PO’s on hand.
Collaboration and Communication
- Prepare any ad-hoc reports as requested (Time and Action Calendars, production timelines, status updates, etc.).
- Build strong collaborative relationships with internal and external partners.
- Attend regular cross-functional meetings and product line review meetings to understand key sourcing objectives and action items.
- Communicate production status to global and regional partners as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• 3-5+ years related experience preferably in specialty retail or consumer products
• Exposure to Sourcing & Production of multiple product categories
• Proven track record of effectively communicating with manufacturers
• Ability to manage multiple SKU’s and timelines in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work collaboratively with multiple design and development partners, a team player
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability and desire to be flexible, adapt to change, and grow with organization
· Bachelor’s degree in Merchandising/Product Development/Design, Business or Supply Chain or 2-3+ years of related experience
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME FOR CONSIDERATION
TCWGlobal is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, ethnicity, gender, nationality, religious belief, or sexual orientation