Founded in 1998 United Legwear & Apparel Co. (ULAC) is a global designer, manufacturer and distributor of socks, legwear, sportswear, bodywear, and accessories. As one of the leading resources in the industry, ULAC offers a full range of apparel, from newborn/toddler sizes through teens and adults, thanks to our partnership with Puma and licensing agreements with renowned brands such as Hurley, Skechers, Champion, Van Heusen, Weatherproof, just to name a few.
OUR TEAMUnited Legwear & Apparel Co. has assembled a team of experienced professionals with like priorities all working together to make the company the very best in the business. Whether in sales, finance, planning, licensing, or shipping, the goal is always customer satisfaction and superior product.
INNOVATION, DESIGN AND MERCHANDISINGOur design and merchandising teams have expertise in identifying emerging trends, fashions, and consumer desires. We also understand the essence of a brand and translate each brand’s DNA while creating apparel and accessories with the most advanced fabrics and yarns and designing items for sport/performance needs and lifestyle. It is the company goal to deliver the best quality goods and the most innovative products within a category.
About UsThe company as a whole works at a very fast pace. We thrive in an environment filled with tight deadlines, collaboration and camaraderie. The entire company is very tight knit. While we value sharp minds and professionalism, we like to surround ourselves with people who have a quirky sense of humor, and who understand what it means to be confident yet humble. We know how to get things done and have fun at the same time, and are looking for someone who can do the same.
MerchandiserThe Merchandiser position will be responsible for overseeing merchandising operations within the Apparel Division. This position will work under the direction of the Merchandising Operations Director to assist in developing and implementing merchandising strategies to achieve sales targets and profitability goals.
Essential Functions (Including but not limited to):
- Work closely with suppliers and vendors to request and ensure timely delivery of costing & salesman samples.
- Develop and maintain a costing database, capturing and organizing product cost data, supplier information, and pricing details.
- Monitor and track actual costs against historical costs, identifying cost variances and implementing corrective actions as needed.
- Monitor market trends and competitor pricing strategies to make informed recommendations on pricing and cost management.
- Ensure timely and accurate data entry and maintenance of product information within PLM, including styles, materials, colors, sizes, pricing, and related attributes.
- Conduct regular data audits to identify inconsistencies, errors, and opportunities for data optimization.
- Create visually appealing catalogs, line sheets, and marketing materials using Adobe software (such as Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop).
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams, such as design, product development, and production, to gather and communicate product details and updates.
- Continuously review and enhance operational processes to drive efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Perform any other duties as assigned in support of the company needs and operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Fashion/Merchandising or a related field and 2+ years’ experience in apparel merchandising operations or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office (advance Excel) and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience working in PLM software platforms, Exenta/Revo a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills as required for effective interpersonal communication with clients and other employees.
- Excellent organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks and workload seamlessly with keen attention to detail and follow-up.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively under critical time frames and work on multiple assignments.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and apply good work habits to effectively complete assigned tasks and contribute to the smooth operation of the company/department.
- United Legwear & Apparel Company is interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we do not currently sponsor visas.