Dover Street Market New York
New York, NY, USAPosted 26 days ago
Full timeRetail Apparel and Fashion,Retail,Retail Luxury Goods and Jewelry
Overview:An experienced Retail Merchandiser with confidence in analysis of data, quick follow through, and extreme attention to detail. It is essential that this person is highly knowledgeable in excel and fashion merchandising. This role will manage select brands with Dover Street Market NY and Dover Street Market LA.
- General Inventory maintenance including management of transfers, RTV’s, replenishment and Purchase Orders.
- Improve seasonal development, concentrating on the bigger picture.
- Work closely with Inventory team to ensure stock levels are always accurate.
- Create longstanding relationships with brands.
- Working within the Merchandising Team to ensure that all orders are placed on time with suppliers, order confirmations are received and Purchase Orders are uploaded into the system
- Responsible for sending out weekly and monthly sell-through reports to the assigned businesses; coming up with a plan of actions to achieve the seasonal budget.
- Liaise with all suppliers, maintaining a good relationship and ensuring that deliveries are made on time and in a correct manner.
- Cataloguing new merchandise.
- Generation of regular reports to analyze sell-through and performance of brands and suggest actions.
- Control allocation & distribution of stock based on budget.
- Create buy sheets and upload purchase orders.
- Provide and assist with product assortment for visual merchandising.
- Liaise with global DSM offices for special orders and product transfers as needed.
- Notify Security and Operations team of product launches that require security.
- Buying administration; during Buying season assisting with completing and updating order sheets. Generating reports in advance of the buying season and analyzing data to assist the buyers.
- Working with accounts team for invoice approval.
- Monitor the performance of measurable targets on a weekly basis.
- Planning and execution of product launches.
- Highly accurate stock system and its implementation with accounting.
- Work with Press team to promote product.
- A highly motivated individual able to manage their assigned businesses and converse internally and externally.
- A self-starter able to set the standard by their own professionalism and attitude.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated and self-organized. Willing to do whatever is required to get the job done.
- Decisive, structured and organized, with a keen eye for detail.
- Have the ability to work under pressure.
- Will strategize to drive the business forward.
- 3-5+ years experience in a Merchandising role
- Excellent Knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- MUST be advanced in creating Excel reports from raw data
- Excellent understanding of the entire buying and merchandising process
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills