Job descriptionThe role
As a Merchandiser at PLT you will support the Head of Merchandising to ensure that the buying function is effectively controlled within the agreed business strategy, and that all necessary frameworks, controls and skill sets are in situ to enable the necessary degree of both long-term planning and in season trading to maximise business performance.
For the team at PrettyLittleThing, that weekend-every-day feeling is a perk of working for us, and it's the kind of vibe we're all used to and expect. Our unique way of working speaks for itself: we work hard, and we play hard. Here at PLT, we strive to fly the flag for love, equality, and acceptance, working to use our platform to spread nothing but good vibes. #EveryBODYinPLT is our community that is all about body positivity, equality and supporting each other.
What you'll be doing
- Using data to optimise the sales volume and profitability of all designated product areas.
- Planning of budgets by category, option count, and depth of buy based on the overall business and financial goals of the company.
- Controls stock levels based on weekly sales and stock intakes (WSSI)
- Reviews sales forecasts based on performance, and actions re forecasts.
- Analyses and monitors best and worst sellers and makes informed recommendations for action
- Recommends promotions and re buys as necessary
- Monitors and maintains buying margin and gross profit margins as requested.
- Ensures that best sellers reach their full potential
- Supplies the Head of Merchandising and buying team with necessary data to enable informed decisions and planning.
Process and department development
- Is aware of current and emerging best practice within merchandising/buying and makes recommendations to the business via Head of Merchandising as appropriate.
- Works closely with the Head of Merchandising at a strategic level within buying and merchandising and translates strategy to implementation.
Communication and relationship building
- Builds effective and open relationships with all members of the buying and merchandising team, based on reliable, accurate and relevant data.
- Ensures productive relationship between merchandising function and all other business areas to ensure goals achieved, specifically the design and accounts teams.
- Delivers key information at the right time, to the right people, and presents when necessary at high level meetings as requested by Senior Management.
We don't call ourselves the PLT family for nothing - you can feel the buzz and atmosphere as soon as you walk into the office. Creativity flows from person to person and across departments, helping us create the empowered movement of love, inclusion, equality and acceptance behind our brand. We encourage everyone to be themselves, and if you bring your best self to work every day, you truly have the power to make a difference and contribute to our brand's success.
More about you
We're looking for a Merchandiser who is confident, pro-active and able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines. You will have excellent time management skills the ability to prioritise work load. You will be highly organised and have strong attention to detail when managing booking dates and ensuring that intake and category targets are adhered to.
As a Merchandiser, you will need to:
- Experience working in a similar role
- Have a solid understanding of WSSI
- Be advanced in excel
- Be highly numerical and analytical
- Have strong decision making skills
- Have the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and prioritise effectively
- Posses good commercial knowledge
We know that as a company we are only as good as the people that we employ. We know our employees work tirelessly to make PLT the success it is today and in turn, we offer them some amazing benefits:
- Free parking
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Company shares schemes - including a ' Save As You Earn' scheme
- 40% Staff Discount On All Boohoo Group Brands
- Monthly social events (including pay day drinks, Employee Appreciation Day etc.)
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
- Free Onsite Gym + Free Classes (PLT)
- Flexible Working Hours + Late Start Early Finish Fridays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health cash plan
- Personal development opportunities to learn and grow at work
Hybrid Working Policy
PLT offers increased flexibility with working from the office and home in the form of our hybrid working policy. In brief each department has a set amount of days allocated to office time and working from home to ensure you get the best of both worlds.
Here at PLT we not only embrace diversity we celebrate it! We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we're continuing to build an inclusive environment for our employees. We know we are better together, and we will continue to build a team that represents a variety of skills, perspectives, and backgrounds.
PLT want to give everybody the chance to perform their best whether that is during an interview or whilst at work. Should you require any reasonable adjustments please let the talent team know.
#PLT #LI-HYBRID #LI-CB1