The Merchandiser is responsible for the execution of the seasonal product strategies across the direct channels of business in order to meet/exceed customer expectations and DTC financial goals. This role is responsible for ensuring product stories come to life in a visually compelling and cohesive way across all DTC channels.
*This is a hybrid role, must be willing to going onsite to HQ in Carlsbad, CA.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with partner teams (creative, marketing, ecomm, retail) to implement seasonal product strategies for all direct channels of business, including both brand and demand generating initiatives
- Inform go-to-marketing planning by providing direction on timing and prioritization of product stories. Identify feature styles based on imagery, inventory availability and financial targets.
- Provide merchandising direction to performance and social marketing channels (email, digital ads, catalog, social). Attend all planning meetings and complete merchandising feedback section of briefs as required. Support catalog merchandising efforts, as needed.
- Partner with Site Merchandising Manager on monthly web slot planning efforts by providing merchandise direction for featured products and image selections, ensuring alignment across channels
- Critically review all DTC creative and participate in cross-functional creative review meetings to ensure deliverables are accurate and align with seasonal product strategies (catalog, web, email, etc.)
- Assist with building seasonal shot lists for location shoots and in-studio imagery needs that support all DTC channels. Partner with creative and studio teams to communicate needs and ensure successful execution.
- Provide merchandising support for retail channel. Attend monthly retail meetings and maintain/update assortment plans for retail stores that align with seasonal product strategies and revenue targets.
- Support visual merchandising efforts for retail stores by providing product direction for windows, tables and all in store signage
Direct Channel Performance Analysis & Reporting
- Prepare weekly/monthly product performance reports for the direct channels of business
- Refresh weekly coverage reporting and communicate any noteworthy changes to cross-functional partners
- Analyze product performance to identify issues/opportunities and effectively articulate key learnings, findings and recommended actions to partner teams.
- Interpret performance results, market trends and customer feedback to help inform and plan future merchandising initiatives
Customer & Market Insights
- Actively monitor and analyze key competitors to understand emerging trends and opportunities to improve demand-generating efforts.
- Participate in market research, as needed and requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Fashion or Retail Merchandising preferred
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in Direct to Consumer Merchandising in the apparel industry; the equivalent combination of experience with product line management, buying, and/or sales in the apparel industry might also be considered
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites, Adobe Creative Suites (specifically InDesign and Illustrator) and other PLM programs
- eCommerce platform experience helpful (SFCC)
- Highly proficient with Excel, reporting, and pivot tables