Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand - our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About The RoleIn this role, you will develop, execute and drive inclusive merchandise strategies that delight the customer while meeting or exceeding the financial goals of the business. As the commercial backbone of the product development process, you will work closely with your cross functional partners using customer insights, market data and business performance to bring great products to market that amaze and delight our customers. You will own the product-level P and L, drive results and closely monitor the health of your categories ensuring product and assortments are commercially-viable and drive profitable growth. You try fast, learn fast and think big, and drive toward solutions with speed, conviction and a blue sky mentality.
What You'll Do
- Develop and drive merchandise assortments that meet global, digital and regional customer needs aligned to the overall department strategy, resulting in increased earnings
- Collaborate with Design, Visual Merchandising and Production partners on product strategies and requirements to ensure customer needs are met, AUC profitability and speed to market while keeping a customer inclusivity and belonging lens
- Partner with Inventory Management on seasonal investment strategy by market to ensure big ideas and growth drivers are protected
- Research business opportunities and risks in season through analyzing and communicating sales performance gathering marketplace information
- Develop communication skills to exchange complex information
- Oversee projects and program execution within area of specialty and ensures quality of work
Who You Are
- Strong strategic and analytical ability
- Driven for results with strong financial acumen
- Excellent verbal and written ability; Adept at presenting information and storytelling
- Ability to align with, collaborate and influence cross functional partners and peers
- Anticipate operational/program issues and develops preventative measures
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
- For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.