Execute departmental merchandising strategies and action plans that meet financial and marketing objectives.
- Develop, own and execute seasonal product strategies and translate into action plans that directly align with divisional strategies and meet or exceed departmental goals.
- Define product needs by department that align with divisional objectives and manage the optimal product assortment within the financial framework that meets or exceeds sales and margin plans.
- Support clear and compelling product stories by month including hero items, key styles, and novelty. Responsible for detailed product information to Creative partners and Go-to-Market.
- Monitor and track sales and sell-through on a weekly basis and work with Planning on managing product selling life cycle. Identify opportunities to chase.
- Analyze current season department / category selling date to inform future merchandising strategies.
- Maintain and demonstrate up to date knowledge of market trends and category product details.
- Lead competitive analysis for division; maintain awareness of trends and competition and apply to Eddie Bauer.
- Recruit, develop and retain Merchandising team to ensure delivery of exceptional results now and in the future.
- Build effective cross-functional relationships and skillfully navigate / influence business decisions as appropriate.
- Manage and lead presentations during product concept, design and development, selling and PR.
- Responsible for seasonal product briefs.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of costing details (fabric, trim, CM) ensuring thoughtful decision making on product attributes.
- Demonstrate good aesthetic judgement and brand understanding when developing the product line.
- Direct procurement of product where applicable.
- Operate with the highest level of conduct, integrity, and confidentiality; setting the example for leaders and associates.
- Develop and nurture strong cross functional partnerships; driving business results and inspiring a culture of transparency, collaboration, and accountability.
- Serve as an Eddie Bauer advocate in the industry and marketplace.
- Recruit, identify, develop, and retain talent that delivers performance excellence.
- As a manager, serve as a leader of company culture, norms, and conduct.
- Ability to balance a strong management presence with a high level of approachability, encouraging and eliciting associate feedback and interaction.
- 4 year degree in Retail Merchandising or related field.
- 3-5 years related experience, preferably for a specialty retailer.
- Understanding key retail sales metrics and key merchandising requirement.
- Effectively present information both internally and externally in a professional and brand appropriate manner.
- Skilled at Word, Excel and a strong knowledge of spreadsheet functions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to manage and lead a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to independently drive a business.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are required by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; as well as reach with hands and arms.
- The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in open environment with fluctuating temperatures and standard lighting.
- Ability to work on computer and mobile phone for multiple hours; with frequent interruptions.
- Required to travel in elevator or stairwells to attend meetings and engage with associates on multiple floors throughout building.
- Hotel, Airplane, and Car Travel Required.
This is a full-time position. As an International Retailer, occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required during periods of high volume. This role operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
Other Considerations:Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the role.