Merchandiser - Athleta Girl
We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
Job descriptionAbout the Role
In this role, you will develop, execute and drive inclusive merchandise strategies that delight the customer while meeting or exceeding the financial goals of the business. As the commercial backbone of the product development process, you will work closely with your cross functional partners using customer insights, market data and business performance to bring great products to market that amaze and delight our customers. You will own the product-level P and L, drive results and closely monitor the health of your categories ensuring product and assortments are commercially-viable and drive profitable growth. You try fast, learn fast and think big, and drive toward solutions with speed, conviction and a blue sky mentality.
What You'll Do
- Develop and drive merchandise assortments that meet global, digital and regional customer needs aligned to the overall department strategy, resulting in increased earnings
- Collaborate with Design, Visual Merchandising and Production partners on product strategies and requirements to ensure customer needs are met, AUC profitability and speed to market while keeping a customer inclusivity and belonging lens
- Partner with Inventory Management on seasonal investment strategy by market to ensure big ideas and growth drivers are protected
- Research business opportunities and risks in season through analyzing and communicating sales performance gathering marketplace information
- Develop communication skills to exchange complex information
- Oversee projects and program execution within area of specialty and ensures quality of work
Who You Are
- Strong strategic and analytical ability
- Driven for results with strong financial acumen
- Excellent verbal and written ability; Adept at presenting information and storytelling
- Ability to align with, collaborate and influence cross functional partners and peers
- Anticipate operational/program issues and develops preventative measures