The Merchandiser, Nautica B2B (Women’s) will act as the intermediary between Design, Production and Sales within the company to ensure the brand is meeting the needs Women’s B2B customer base. To provide and maintain the corporate calendar to Design while adhering to Productions lead times and Sales meetings. To interact effectively with Production/Design on reviewing standards of workmanship/quality to achieve best product at best prices. The Merchandiser leverages organizational & analytical skills, as well an eye for relevant trends, to support the brand and the achievement of financial goals.
• Identifies merchandising trends and opportunities
• Identifies and drives sales and gross margin of key items and promotional items.
• Maintains complete files of assortment boards, costing and selling information for past seasons.
• Seasonal Assortment - Identify optimal seasonal assortment based on Trends, Financial Class Plans and Seasonal Strategy for each B2B customer. Provide sales team with key looks, all door recommended buy, and layer up buy.
• Assists in compiling sales tools needed for market. (line lists, swatch cards, etc)
• Recap Sr. Merchandiser on market buys, seasonal wins and challenges.
• Continually strive to find methods to improve team efficiency and accuracy.
• Bachelor’s Degree; focus in Fashion Merchandising
• 5 to 7 years’ experience in a buying or merchandising role
• Prior experience in women’s is a plus
• Sense of urgency, flexibility, ability to multi-task
• Strong knowledge of and ability to apply retail math concepts
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Excellent computer skills including MS Word and Excel
• Strong analytical skills, with an emphasis on spreadsheet applications
• Open-minded and positive attitude with the ability to partner cross-functionally and grow relationships
• Must possess strong business acumen, and the ability to quickly assess a new environment and develop solutions that support the business strategy and critical objectives
• Must be creative with a strategic mindset along with the ability to turn concepts into action
• Must have strong relationship building and influence skills
• Must be able to think strategically as well as manage the day-to-day responsibilities
• Must be willing to embody a culture of taking smart risks and innovating to win