To begin and take ownership of the end to end process of managing a product range with guidance from senior management.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own and drive Product category.
- Collaborate with the Merchandising team in developing the strategic plan for the Product category and influence cross-functional team to deliver strategic direction for the category.
- Develop relationships with cross functional peers across Sourcing, Design, Product Development and Planning.
- Create effective working relationships with Regional Merchandising team to gain product feedback and market research.
- Analyse daily/weekly sales reports and propose appropriate action to take.
- Develop and present the range plan for approval including pricing strategy, COO and competition strategy.
- Accountable for the sample budgets for the category, and ensure the tracking, maintaining and ordering of the Samples are managed effectively.
- Manage PLM data entry and support the Merchandising Assistant to prepare reports using excel for Merchandising team.
- Conduct competitive analysis including Pricing Analysis.
- Partner with the Corporate Pricing team to understand price-bands across the three core currencies and report back findings to the Merchandising team; maintain data to support the price structure in PLM.
- Organise and coordinate collection notes and buying guides.
- Coordinate and support all administration duties relating to market training for the Merchandising team.
- Deliver any ad hoc administration and assistant duties to ensure smooth running of the team.
- Retail experience and mindset
- Passion for commerce/product
- Demonstrates commercial instinct
- Strong Analytical skills
- Retail maths skills
- Advanced skills in Excel
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
• Expected base salary for the role will generally be between $70,000.00 and $90,000.00 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis and is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
• This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Posting Notes: USA || New York (US-NY) || New York || REGIONAL MERCHANDISING || NO DEPARTMENT - FIS9008 || n/a ||