Are you looking for an opportunity to combine your unique blend of data analytics and research skills with your passion for merchandising? Interested in working for the world's largest designers, manufacturers, and distributors of premium eyewear and exclusive brands? If you have experience in the eyewear industry or fashion accessory field, and you're looking for a hybrid role in New York City, read on about this excellent opportunity!
Marchon Eyewear is VSP Global's manufacturer and distributor of name-brand eyewear and sunglasses, and we're looking for a Merchandising Analyst to join our winning Merchandising team. In this role, you'll evaluate product lines, plan, and execute products based on market trends. You'll collaborate with cross-functional departments to analyze business and consumer insights and determine merchandising changes that maximize sales. We're looking for someone with a data-centric mindset and the demonstrated ability to plan strategically and execute tactically to drive long-term value for Marchon Eyewear.
As the Merchandising Analyst, you'll also:
- Work closely with Merchandising strategist to manage the timing of competitive analysis, reporting, and communication facilitation
- Provides direction and support to the Design and Development teams on new product initiatives, changes, and updates to existing product
- Research and analyze competitive market data and communicate the key findings to cross-functional teams
- Manage the product life cycle leading the line reviews meetings
- Coordinate new release launches in collaboration with regional teams to gather projected units; ensure all releases are in line with financial goals
- Build dedicated assortments per region/sales channel/customer to optimize the sales performance
- Conduct detailed ad-hoc analysis when required on specific products or product groups
- Prepare, present and appear in person or live or recorded broadcasts, in consumer-facing presentations, videos, and other media communications
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- At least three years of experience in data gathering, research and analytics, problem identification, and presenting solution recommendations
- Strong knowledge of the eyewear industry or experience in the fashion accessory field with a driving passion for product
- Flexible and able to quickly and effectively change priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Why VSP Global?
At VSP, we activate the full power ofcareby consciously reinvesting in greater vision, health, and opportunities for all. You'll join a team of thinkers, doers, adventurers, risk-takers, and boundary-pushers who think outside the peripheral to develop products, programs, and services that help people see every possibility. By investing in your career growth and personal development, we hope that together we can create a world where everyone can bring their best vision to life.