The Merchandiser will provide analytical and statistical data that supports the development of seasonal merchandise line plans. Collaborate with cross - functional teams to create a cohesive, well-priced seasonal collection in order to hit sales and merchandising deliverables as set by Division. This role will be responsible for Nautica Women’s collection.
• Develop and drive seasonal strategies that meet financial targets and aligns to the divisional strategy
• Provide thorough and meaningful analysis of departmental businesses and effectively articulate learning’s to senior management and cross-functional partners. Identify risks and opportunities based on analysis and make recommendations for reacting to current business
• Create and articulate departmental seasonal line plans to guide design, product development and production and support divisional objectives
• Merchandise and present seasonal product assortments that meet financial targets and maximize divisional objectives
• Rank styles based on historical and current product performance
• Create and communicate departmental pricing strategies that align with brand positioning
• Provide monthly receipt reconciliation and review departmental sales, receipt flow, inventory, and margin projections for monthly Open to Buy meetings
• Participate in building pre-line class plans that align with departmental and divisional strategies
• Create and maintain accurate assortment (cadence) sheets and buy plans. Communicate changes to appropriate business partners on an on-going and timely basis.
• Participate and present weekly business analysis to leadership showing action oriented results and pivots based on business trend.
• Maintain and demonstrate expert knowledge of customer base through participation in field conference calls, frequently visiting stores and constantly reaching out for direct consumer feedback.
• Maintain and demonstrate constant understanding of the competitive environment
• Create a track record of making the right recommendations to drive the business
• Effectively manage and develop direct reports
• 5 -7 years of merchandising or retail buying experience
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Proficient in Microsoft excel
• Ability to act as a cross functional liaison between many departments
• Understanding of business driver components (eg. sales reports, history, and company trends)
• Organized with time management skills; excellent with coordinating timelines and delivering on multiple deadlines
• Detail-oriented, process-oriented, and able to handle multiple tasks at once; Ability to handle multiple and competing projects
• Passion and eye for product
• Presentation skills
• Strong analytical and reporting skills
• Travel may be required, based on business needs.
• Adhere to regular in-office presence, including to engage in in-person team interaction, meetings and collaboration. Job duties may be performed effectively using the hybrid work program designated by the company.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor as the company retains the right to change duties to this position.
• Must have authorization to work in the United States.
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• Ability to maintain regular and timely attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• Ability to remain in a stationary position for up to 8 hours per day
• Ability to constantly operate a computer, other office equipment and look at a monitor for up to 8 hours per day
• Ability to clearly and accurately communicate and exchange information verbally, in writing, or through other means in person, telephonically, or through virtual communication methods
• Ability to reach at or below shoulder level
The salary range for this position is $80,000 to $95,000 annually. Pay is based on several factors, including but not limited to position offered and work experience. In addition to your salary, SPARC Group, and its affiliated brands, offers a benefits package, including 401(k) plan, overtime pay, flexible work schedule and a generous employee discount program (all benefits are based on eligibility). Additional information regarding the benefits for this position can be found in the Benefits Guide that is available from our Human Resources Department.
SPARC Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value a culture of inclusion and diversity within our workforce, and are committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, civil partnership, status
as a covered veteran, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States, citizenship and any other characteristic protected by law. We are also committed to the full inclusion of qualified individuals in the job application and interview process.
Employees are expected to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), and applicable state disability laws, it is the policy of SPARC to provide a reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation is required to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our Human Resources department.