The Merchandiser will be an integral part of the collection assortment process; this is a dual role that has ownership of the product merchandising process, as well as retail merchandising via the collection buy for our DTC channels. The Merchandiser will partner with design, development, and production to develop well-rounded, fashion-forward collections. This role will also partner closely with the stores to ensure their needs are met from a product perspective. You will contribute to the success of Carolina Herrera through strong product assortment, optimizing processes, and building relationships across departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by the Vice President of Global Merchandising as necessary.
• Provide a strong product sense with proven experience in driving product assortments and by partnering with Design to conceive product assortments that drive business
• Support VP throughout the development process via historical data analysis, competitive research, etc.
• Maintain regular sell-thru reporting and advise best-sellers
• Stay current on trends in the market and provide comprehensive research that is relevant to the brand
Manage Market Deliverables
• Ownership of the linesheet photoshoot from A to Z
• Create and maintain updated linesheets and other market tools for domestic and international markets
• Create market tools and assortment guides.
• Provide daily merchandising updates (additions/cancellations/production notes) to Sales teams during market
• Create and communicate internal line sheet for Personals orders
Retail Buy & Support
• Own DTC buy across all channels (2 physical doors + ecommerce site)
• In collaboration with the Boutique Directors support and drive the business across all channels
• Manage OTB budget expectations.
• Hold monthly product trainings to educate staff on collections and selling opportunities
• Regularly analyze business and make suggestions to maximize ST%
• Communicate frequently with the Boutique Directors and Sales Associates to manage their day to day product needs
• Partner with visual merchandising to promote key stories and styles in-stores
• Gather data on competitors and analyze their prices and sales.
Ownership of Style Master
• Maintain an updated Style Master and other systems backend applications
• Creation of style fabric codes in system in liaison w/ Design and Production
• Coordinate with VP of Merchandising, Design and Supply teams to meet costing targets.
• Conduct competitive analysis on domestic and international markets
• Maintain and communicate updated pricing in all currencies to Sales and Production teams
For individuals contracted and/or hired to work in New York , Carolina Herrera includes a reasonable estimate of the salary or hourly rate range for this role. This takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions; including but not limited to business or organizational needs, skill sets, experience and training, licensure, and certifications. In addition, where a candidate falls within the disclosed range estimate may be dependent on the applicable geographic differential associated with the location in which the position may be filled.
A reasonable estimate of the current salary range is $105,000 USDto $115,000 USD.