Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the Role
Through a customer curious lens, you will collaborate with the Global Merchandising, Marketing Production, Ecommerce Operations, Photo Studio and Sample teams, and Marketing & Creative teams to produce a best-in-class online shopping experience for both mobile and desktops, visited by millions of customers each day. Blending the art and science of ecommerce merchandising, you will apply knowledge and understanding in navigating our product-to-site pipeline and offer your cross-functional partners a strategic view point on site execution, ensuring that the category navigation experience aligns to the design intent of the product, bringing key product initiatives alive on the sight through compelling story-telling.
What You'll Do
What You'll Do
- Reporting to the Head of Men's Digital Merchandising - this role will lead with an eye for styling and storytelling thru fashion. Promoting key products, categories and trends for each season that lead to increased conversion.
- The candidate would be responsible for managing the setup and presentation of products and categories on BR.com website - with an angle on showcasing the BR look in image placement and product stories.
- Drive site execution and serve as liaison between global merchandising, website production, creative, and marketing to bring the customer online shopping experience to life and meet or exceed the commercial plan and financial goals
- Demonstrate strength in analyzing prior season's performance and applies learnings to drive sell-through and adjust for of future seasons.
- Leverage historical data to test new strategies, to manage categorization, product display order, landing pages, galleries/boutiques, product features, and cross sell/upsells.
- Develop and execute the vision of product site navigation, email, and category storytelling
- Partner with creative partners and digital marketing to build the email calendar and protect key category inclusions in emails and homepages.
- Responsible for daily optimization and evaluation of our online touchpoints, components, and customer relevance, including site planning in reaction to customer behavior
- Create seasonal navigation plans utilizing web analytics for recommendations as competitive benchmarking
- Construct, strategize, and navigate complexities of third party vendor technologies, including related product recommendations, personalized merchandising, onsite and third party search results and outfitting templates and galleries; generate reporting to measure efficacy and drive optimization
- Obtain market and competitive set intelligence to inform the business strategy by understanding customer feedback, product trends, historical data, macro environment trends
- Be a collaborative and strong cross-divisional resource for product/business info to stylists, creative directors, digital design, copy, marketing, social media teams and store teams
- The eCommerce Site Merchandiser is a tech savvy individual who will collaborate with the merchandising, marketing, creative and product teams to coordinate and execute product and content updates for BR.
- Leverages historical data to test new strategies, to manage categorization, product display order, landing pages, galleries/boutiques, product features, and cross sell/upsells.
- Passionate about the customer, our product and the online shopping experience
- Must be business-minded and have a strategic mindset as well as a strong eye for trends and product; must be able to translate the trends for the BR customer.
- Ability to execute detail oriented work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication and influencing skills; compelling, persuasive storyteller
- Collaborative and team oriented; able to bring teams together and facilitate productive, data based decisions
- Strong computer skills in MS Office; able to quickly acquire skills in new computer systems
- Recognize and act on inconsistencies in data or results
Who You Are
Who You Are
- Strong strategic and analytical ability
- Driven for results with strong financial acumen
- Excellent verbal and written ability; Adept at presenting information and storytelling
- Ability to align with, collaborate and influence cross functional partners and peers
- Anticipate operational/program issues and develops preventative measures