Merchandiser, Guys, Wovens
The Merchant, Guys, Wovens is responsible for independently managing, through partnership with the cross functional team, a specific piece of the Merchandiser’s larger, overall product classification. The Merchant is accountable for merchandise management that meets or exceeds the financial goals of the category.
• Oversee line and financial plans with accountability for meeting and exceeding goals of a product category; Initiate regular touch bases with Merchant to discuss progress
• Own season assortment planning, line development and merchandise selection (editing)
• Manage Assistant Merchant and ensure daily responsibilities are being completed, including on order tracking and follow up, PO sample tracking and daily reporting
• Maintain an understanding of the target customer profile through market data and competitive shopping analysis
• Analyze sales and customer trends and make adjustments to maximize the business.
• Develop ongoing strategies on pricing and product placement with a retail point of sale strategy
• Identify down trending classes, and implement new ideas to address the business needs
• Partner with planning team on style and classification management
• Partner with design team to effectively combine create strategy with line plan
• Assess progress of line and ensure that it fits to overall product category themes
• Partner with production team to ensure appropriate fabric, trims, quality, details and costs are achieved with an on time delivery
• Monitor shipping and deliveries; Develop strategy to shift business if necessary
• Filter information to draw inferences, create solutions, and adjust strategies to maximize the business and drive the merchandising process forward.
• Proactively seek out new opportunities to grow the business and further personal & professional development.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in merchandising or buying, preferably within a vertical retail organization
• Strong analytical and business acumen skills with ability to make sound business and financial decisions related to product and selling strategies.
• Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills
• Understanding of fashion trends and how they relate to the Aero customer
• Ability to build strong working relationships with cross functional teams
• Strong presentation skills
• Ability to multitask and adjust to shifting priorities in a fast paced environment
• Commitment to learning and continuous development
• Proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel
SPARC Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value a culture of inclusion and diversity within our workforce, and are committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, civil partnership, status as a covered veteran, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States, citizenship and any other characteristic protected by law (“Protected Characteristics”).