Founded in 1998 United Legwear & Apparel Co. (ULAC) is a global designer, manufacturer and distributor of socks, legwear, sportswear, bodywear, and accessories. As one of the leading resources in the industry, ULAC offers a full range of apparel, from newborn/toddler sizes through teens and adults, thanks to our partnership with Puma and licensing agreements with renowned brands such as Hurley, Skechers, Champion, Van Heusen, Weatherproof, just to name a few.OUR TEAM
United Legwear & Apparel Co. has assembled a team of experienced professionals with like priorities all working together to make the company the very best in the business. Whether in sales, finance, planning, licensing, or shipping, the goal is always customer satisfaction and superior product.INNOVATION, DESIGN AND MERCHANDISING
Our design and merchandising teams have expertise in identifying emerging trends, fashions, and consumer desires. We also understand the essence of a brand and translate each brand’s DNA while creating apparel and accessories with the most advanced fabrics and yarns and designing items for sport/performance needs and lifestyle. It is the company goal to deliver the best quality goods and the most innovative products within a category.About Us
The company as a whole works at a very fast pace. We thrive in an environment filled with tight deadlines, collaboration and camaraderie. The entire company is very tight knit. While we value sharp minds and professionalism, we like to surround ourselves with people who have a quirky sense of humor, and who understand what it means to be confident yet humble. We know how to get things done and have fun at the same time, and are looking for someone who can do the same.
The Merchandiser position is responsible for building seasonal product assortments for our company accounts including key wholesale accounts. This position will work closely with all departments and has a key role in the designated brand product strategy and growth for our core consumers.Essential Functions (Including but not limited to):
- Create seasonal line plans and assortments based on consumer trends and account needs.
- Analyze sales, market, consumer, and competitor data to inform line decisions and strategies.
- Collaborate with design and product development teams to execute product goals from concept to creation.
- Project manager of SMU products from concept to completion
- Work with sales and buyers on product focus and goals by account
- Maintain seasonal visual line plans with correct data to maintain PLM system
- Ensure timeliness and quality of work in order to be serve our accounts on time and with precision
- Build and maintain line plans in Illustrator and PLM system
- Dissect buy spreadsheets to inform seasonal business decisions
- Work cross-functionally to align on product strategy and seasonal needs
- Perform any other duties as assigned in support of the company needs and operations. Qualifications/Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion/Merchandising or Business and 3+ years of experience in product line related roles
- Proven ability to manage and grow product lines
- Ability to lead others and communicate effectively across multiple teams
- Well versed in apparel categories including cut and sew and printables
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret data and draw valid conclusions that show understanding and insight.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively under critical time frames and work on multiple assignments.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks and workload seamlessly with keen attention to detail and follow-up.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and ability to apply good work habits to effectively complete assigned tasks and contribute to the smooth operation of the company/department. Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The physical demands and working conditions of this position are representative of what must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The functions of this position are typically performed in an office setting and the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and distance vision.General Acknowledgement & Employment At-Will:
Employment in this position requires adherence to all policies and procedures set forth by United Legwear & Apparel Company. This position description is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position, is not a contract and is subject to change at any time, with or without notice, by the employer. Furthermore, all employees are employed at-will with United Legwear & Apparel Company and are employed for no definite period of time and employment may be terminated without cause or notice.
- United Legwear & Apparel Company is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer