Merchandiser (Hybrid position in the NY Metro area)
EILEEN FISHER creates simple, sustainable, timeless clothes designed to work together as a system. We make our clothes with intention, supporting people to build their wardrobe meaningfully each season. And we make our clothes to last—and then take them back through our Renew team to be reworn and loved again, or through our Waste No More team, to be remade into entirely new felted designs. We believe in the fundamental potential of every person—our employees, our customers and those who make our clothes—and are committed to cultivating conditions that empower people. It’s all part of our commitment to doing business in a way that helps build a better industry. And a better future. EILEEN FISHER is a certified B Corporation, which means we voluntarily meet high criteria for social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
Values Statement:As a founder led Company, our values are deeply embedded in and shape our culture. Our values are a shared responsibility embodied in every position and are intended to be woven into all that we do; how we approach our work and how we interact with one another. Our values support our commitment to Diversity, Equity + Inclusion, and our commitment to Sustainability guides us to protect our limited natural resources, fight climate change, support human rights and social impact, and inspire the fashion industry to embrace circularity.
- We are authentic
- We thrive in connection
- We trust each other
- We innovate through creativity
- We are committed to the health of the whole
- We are united by purpose
As Merchandiser you will be responsible for the line building process & will be the key partner to all cross functional teams. In addition to mainline apparel, this role will also own the assortments for all accessories, third party, and petites. Instrumental to this role will be to cultivate and maintain close partnerships with Design, Global Sourcing, the DTC buying team and Wholesale Sales. At EILEEN FISHER, we are a very collaborative company, so this role will continue to grow & evolve.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Key partner to Senior Manager of Merchandising with all things mainline; line development, assorting each season, pricing and inventory strategies and line finalization. This includes line sheet changes & follow up with design on getting information in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the accessories, socks, leather, straw assortments with partnership from Senior Manager of Merchandising
- Provide petites assortment each season to our DTC & Wholesale partners
- Distribute and maintain accurate notes to communicate line changes to cross functional teams
- Key point of contact for all cross functional teams for Merchandising; Merch Ops, Global Sourcing, Buying, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring all merchandising tools are properly maintained, checked for accuracy, and changes are made in a timely manner with appropriate follow up and distributed weekly/as needed in partnership with Assistant Merchandiser
- Partner with Sample Operations team on ensuring all samples are made, maintained and accurate each season
- Review new sample arrivals with Merch leaders to make sure they are accurate & advise on any potential substitutes
- Responsible for prepping and attending milestone meetings
- Support all necessary merchandising functions when needed
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills &Experience:
- 3-5 years of merchandising experience required; apparel industry preferred
- Strategic innovative thinker with the ability to balance with tactical application and efficiencies
- Comfortable with a certain level of ambiguity
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrates effective listening, written and oral communication skills
- Thorough understanding of merchandising trends and industry best practices
- Proficient in Microsoft suite
- Experience with PLM system or Merchandising tool is a plus