Merchandiser - Joe's Jeans
Centric Brands is a leading lifestyle brand collective that designs, sources, markets and sells high quality products in multiple segments, including women’s, men’s and kid’s apparel, accessories, entertainment and beauty.
Centric Brands is focused on our customers and our brands that will drive the company’s future growth. We are defined by innovation as we seize new opportunities and thrive in an environment informed by creativity and thinking that is both analytical and outside the box. Centric Brands reflects a team built on respect, for others and for the hard work it takes to achieve our goals and build our bright future together.
Merchandising/Planning/Buying at CentricFrom developing the product strategies to growing our brands, Merchandising careers at Centric Brands offer exciting possibilities to grow a career with one of world’s foremost lifestyle brands collectives. From helping develop the merchandise mix to ensuring stores and online site have the right products in the right quantities to creating the long-term brand strategy, a career in merchandising and planning offers you a chance to make a positive impact on our success – and yours.
Specific Responsibilities Would IncludeThe Merchandiser executes the seasonal merchandising process, from concept to delivery, by bringing to market fresh, trend-appropriate assortments that meet customer needs and drive sales and ensuring the timely execution of each stage in the process.
Roles & ResponsibilitiesStrategy & Innovation
- Collaboratively implement merchandising strategy as set by VP/SVP and assortment plans for merchandise category and channel, by delivery, to achieve the right balance of key items/fashion/basics, fit, value, price point, SKU count and volume; collaborate on concept development with Design to ensure assortment meets cost structure(s)
- Analyze product performance, market conditions and feedback from customers continuously; update assortment and identify and suggest opportunities based on analysis
Operations & Results
- Partner with Design, Production and Sales to ensure execution to time-and-action calendar and timely delivery of goods, sales growth, and attainment of margin goals; raise/identify quality and technical issues and suggest solutions; contribute to category forecasting and ensure progress toward established financial goals; achieve metrics
- Present line to supervisors; actively participate in review meetings, including edits, board review, pre-costing, line reviews, adoption and post-season reviews
Customers & Relationships
- Communicate and follow-up with internal and external constituents around the world, including customers, suppliers, vendors and licensors, where applicable; assist with problem solving as needed
- Collaborate with Sales to merchandise and style showroom; assist Director of Merchandising and Brand Management, where applicable, on collateral for in-store marketing needs
- Maintain relationships with collaborators and competitors; attend trade shows and industry events, as needed
Leadership & Teams
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary
- Experience and understanding of wholesale apparel merchandising, manufacturing, global supply chain operations, and mass market distribution
- Entrepreneurial drive tempered by judgment and strong leadership skills
- Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; some experience managing and motivating teams
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented, meticulous and creative
- Creativity, sensibility for merchandising and customer needs
- Basic knowledge of garment construction
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4 - 5 years’ experience in apparel merchandising or buying; relevant experience in categories
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, proficiency in SAP preferred
In return, we provide an industry-competitive salary, along with a comprehensive benefits plan (medical, dental, vision) that includes a matching 401 (k), Summer Fridays, generous PTO, merchandise discounts, excellent career development opportunities, and a work environment that reflects our industry leadership. Our D&I committee is shaping the future of diversity, equity and inclusion at Centric Brands though workshops, resources and inspiring conversation.
Be part of our growing community by getting involved with groups, teams and initiatives like Be Green, Be Giving, and Be Celebrated.