FIGS is looking for a Merchandiser to help drive the Men’s Merchandising strategy. An ideal candidate is passionate about product, data, profitability & detail oriented to drive the men’s business. This position would partner cross-functionally with data analytics, design, production, planning, marketing, creative/graphics, product/ecommerce and CX in order to help create an on-brand product assortment.
What you’ll do:
- Work in tandem with Director of Merchandising managing all aspects of the business in order to drive results connected to the Men’s strategy
- Be strategic and analytical – leverage data tools to create an assortment plan backed by analytical data and market insights
- Know the market – constantly stay connected to the men’s market and mine for new opportunities
- Leverage layered and analytical data to assort a product line that accurately represents the brand
- Evaluate all merchandising buy plans, create unit buys informed by historical trends and customer acquisition data
- Perform operational functions supporting the merchandising team, by providing ongoing analysis and interpretation of key business issues including using merchandise reports, stock analysis and other ad hoc analysis
- Analyze specific category and product performance for weekly merchandising reports and hindsight’s to optimize sales for upcoming weeks and seasons
- Customer acquisition & retention– have a keen curiosity for customer data and think creatively around customer retention/acquisition; partner with Marketing and Data teams
- Be collaborative – work closely with design to manage product development, timelines and deadlines
- Act as a liaison for cross-functional partners like Design, PD, Planning, Creative, Product, Marketing, CX
- Prepare and organize assets needed for big business milestone meetings
- Reconcile receipts with Planning on buy units
- Maintain administrative tasks of updating files
- Aid in creating templates to streamline processes
- 3-5 years experience in merchandising or data analyst role
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- Ecommerce experience preferred
- Experience in data tools such as Looker, Shopify, Tableau or other reporting tools is ideal
- Outstanding communication verbal and written skills
- Strong analytical and retail math skills
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- Problem solving skills
- Project management experience to easily manage various projects and campaigns while staying on-track with deliverables and communications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) & Google Slides / Sheets
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.