WHY JOIN ALO?
Mindful movement. It’s at the core of why we do what we do at Alo—it’s our calling. Because mindful movement in the studio leads to better living. It changes who yogis are off the mat, making their lives and their communities better. That’s the real meaning of studio-to-street: taking the consciousness from practice on the mat and putting it into practice in life.
We are so inspired by the people we surround ourselves with and we aspire to have the same be true for them. That’s why we work to make the Alo culture authentic to a yoga lifestyle —Our office is located in the heart of Beverly Hills in close proximity to shops and restaurants. Our building was designed by world-renown architect I.M. Pei — there’s plenty of natural light, open space with a co-working vibe, an in-building gym, calming yoga and meditation studio and an indoor tree spanning 3 floors.
As the Merchandiser, you will create and drive assortment strategies, develop and select product that meet financial plans and deliver planned business results. The Merchandising will drive cross-functional alignment with Design and Production to ensure the right product is delivered on- time and meets cost targets. This position will serve as the strategic business driver for the product development, ensuring product and presentation enhances the brand while achieving sales targets and maintains brand integrity.
- Partner in the development of seasonal strategies for the men’s line that meet sales, margin targets, and align to the overarching company strategy
- Create and communicate seasonal line plans to guide design, product development and production in support company objectives
- Merchandise and present seasonal product assortments that meet sales and margin targets
- Create assortment strategies with an understanding of fabric and materials, as well as lead times
- Track business performance; Identify risks and opportunities for reacting to current business
- Create and communicate pricing strategies that align with brand positioning
- Rank styles based on historical and current product performance, as well as sell through.
- Communicate to appropriate cross-functional partners
- Act as reference point for sales offices regarding calendar, and deliveries
- Provide thorough and meaningful analysis of channels and effectively articulate learnings to management and cross-functional partners
- Maintain and demonstrate expert knowledge of customer base through strong field relationships, frequently visiting stores and constantly reaching out for direct consumer feedback
- Maintain and demonstrate constant understanding of the competitive environment
- Participate in fit sessions and reviewing product details to ensure execution meets design aesthetic and remains commercially viable
- Effectively manage and develop Merchandising team
- A minimum of 5-6 years’ experience, including 3-5 years of experience in Performance Apparel (Wholesale, Ecommerce and Retail)
- 2 years of management experience preferred
- Strong relationships and experience with product development, design, production and buying teams
- Deep knowledge of current market and men’s apparel
- Natural leader and problem solver with a growth mindset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
JUST SOME OF THE PERKS
- Generous employee discount for Bella+Canvas, Alo Yoga
- Free membership to Alo Moves, with access to hundreds of streaming fitness and yoga classes with top instructors
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plan options, and enhanced additional benefits such as free virtual access to mental health providers and new parent support for employees and dependents
- 401K with company matching
- Free treats, all day, every day in office! Stay fueled with complimentary cold brew, kombucha, and healthy snacks.
- Daily yoga classes at HQ taught by some of the best yogis in the world in addition to an onsite gym equipped with best-in-class equipment