Merchandiser, Men's Leathergoods - Maternity Cover
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
This position will work closely with the Merchandising Manager on the end to end process of managing the product range and building the collection for men's leather goods. Acting as an ambassador for Burberry and the men's leather goods collection, fostering a culture of accountability, innovation and collaboration.
- Own and drive Product category, managing full lifecycle of product from brief to delist / exit.
- Collaborate with the Merchandising Manager / Merchandising team in developing the strategic plan for the product category
- Influence cross-functional teams to deliver strategic direction for the category
- Develop and present the range plan for approval including pricing strategy, COO and competition strategy
- Develop relationships with cross functional peers across Sourcing, Design, Product Development and Planning
- Create effective working relationships with Regional Merchandising team to gain product feedback and market research
- Deliver collection presentations with confidence and work closely with a wide range of teams and levels
- Organise and coordinate collection notes and buying guides
- Analyse and feedback on seasonal buys in a strategic and coherent recap
- Accountable for the sample budgets for the category, and ensure the tracking, maintaining and ordering of the samples are managed effectively
- Support in prioritising day to day activities and meeting deadlines accordingly
- Run and analyse daily/weekly sales reports and propose appropriate action to take
- Manage accuracy of seasonal market documents / tools including PLM data entry and prepare reports using excel for Merchandising team.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the competitor market and conduct competitor analysis including pricing analysis
- Partner with the Corporate Pricing team to understand price-bands across the three core currencies and report back findings to the Merchandising team; maintain data to support the price structure in PLM
- Coordinate and support all administration duties relating to market / product training for the Merchandising team
- Along with assistant merchandiser, support with any ad hoc administration to ensure smooth running of the team.
- Build strong partnerships with design and regional partners
- Margin, category & annual sales plan
- Data integrity on PLM
- Experience in luxury product/collection merchandising is essential. Men's leathergoods is advantageous but not essential. Passion for men's product and awareness of luxury market. Knowledge of trends, the market, the luxury consumer and peer awareness,
- Strong product knowledge with a good taste level and ability to confidently influence the Design team
- Excellent attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Able to manage within a budget with commercial awareness, retail math skills and understanding of product cost, achieving a balance between creativity and commercial implications
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to negotiate with credibility, share information effectively, and work confidently with cross functional teams at all levels
- Ability to manage projects independently
- Computer skills: PLM, advanced excel
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || PRODUCT MERCHANDISING || NO DEPARTMENT - FPT9030 || n/a ||