Within the Scotch & Soda brand the Merchandising team fulfills a central role. It is the link between commercial in our directly operated stores, wholesale, E-commerce and Design and Buying department on the other side. You will be based in our Design Studio, vested in a former church in the heart of Amsterdam. With natural daylight entering from the dome ceiling windows and with a view of the Keizersgracht, a special inspiring place to work. Despite the tight deadlines, the atmosphere is relaxed.
What you will be doing:
Our merchandise department is closely involved with the Design & Buying departments to build collections that are true to the Brand, in tune with the market developments and commercially successful both at wholesale (sell in) and at retail (sell out).
- Analyse sales results on a weekly, monthly and seasonal basis drawing conclusions on how to drive the business
- Prepare competitive analysis, creating alignment desks, identify growth opportunities and building range plans.
- Work in close collaboration with commercial teams to understand different market needs.
- Support our division coordinator in preparation of milestone meetings (sample inbound, boards, analysis)
- Data management: ownership of collection administration and making sure PLM system is updated.
- Sales memo: making sure all product related changes at SMS stage are captured and communicated to sales admin and production team.
- Assort multiple collections to sit in store and online across the different retail regions.
- Work in collaboration with other relevant departments, such as Design, Production, Sourcing, Sales Operations and Marketing to ensure appropriate processes are in place at every stage of the seasonal line production
- Ownership of line details in the PLM system
- Check salesbook (shooted styles, style guide) before it's communicated to sales organization
- Being responsible for minutes related to merch during milestone meeting
Our ideal candidate:
- At least 2 years of relevant merchandising experience within the fashion industry
- Affinity with Fashion
- Highly analytical with strong excel skills (Vlook-up, pivot tables)
- A relevant business or fashion related study
- Clear communicator
- A fashion forward thinker who can push boundaries to exceed the expectations;
- Fluent in English and experience in working in an international environment
LOTS TO LOVE
Come work with us and enjoy the following benefits:
- A highly collective creative and welcoming environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an atmosphere for professional development
- To work in the most desirable offices in Amsterdam
- A 39hour working week, Fridays end at 4PM
- All Apple equipment
- 28 holiday days per year
- Onefit subscription for EUR29 a month (instead of EUR65)
- Amazing company drinks, events and parties
- Employee discounts. 28% online and in store and access to our Friends&Family sale
- Access to great company benefits around parenthood and wellbeing
- Professional help with your relocation (if applicable)
- A collective health insurance with a discount for Scotch employees and their families
- Full coverage of public transportation if you live outside Amsterdam
- A competitive salary and a annual 8% holiday pay
- A pension scheme which is 2/3 funded by Scotch & Soda
Upon a successful phone screening, we will invite you for an interview
You will receive an offer as soon as we make a selection - good luck!
Phone call with the recruiter
One of our recruiters will review your application and get in contact with you if there's a match
Short assignment or second interview
Depending on the role, we will ask you to complete a short assignment or invite you for the second interview.