Merchandiser, Old Navy, Franchise, Strategic Alliances and Licensing
About the Role
The Franchise Merchant owns and oversees the merchandise strategies for the Old Navy Franchise business for kid and toddler boys, driving seasonal product strategies to meet market specific needs. This role is accountable for delivering annual financial goals, driving the execution of Franchise Market, and owning Franchise needs in brand milestone meetings. They will partner with cross-functional team members to deliver Brand design concepts, key items, and assortments across multiple formats (SIS, FSS, Online) to ensure that the collection is commercially viable and provides an exciting customer experience. Initiatives they will manage and execute include development of franchise exclusives, regional assortment strategies, developing lineplans, and analyzing the business for product recaps, seasonal midsights, and seasonal hindsights.
Position will be based in SF HQ and will be part of the Gap Inc Franchise Product team, partnering with Old Navy Global Merchandising, Franchise Planning, Product Operations, Store Experience and Marketing.
This role is located in the San Francisco office and requires you to be in the office on a regular basis. Pursuant to Gap Inc.’s policy, as of September 7, 2021, all employees who wish to enter Gap Inc.’s San Francisco Bay Area, New York, and Albuquerque office buildings will need to be vaccinated, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability or for a sincerely held religious belief.
What You'll Do
- Partner with cross-functional team members to deliver Brand design concepts, key items, promotional strategies and store assortments to ensure that the collection is commercially viable and provides an exciting customer experience.
- Eliminate redundancies in the product assortment.
- Position investments to ensure that smart risks are being taken, basic businesses are protected and financial targets are met.
- Validate costing and placement strategies with Production.
- Identify business opportunities and risks for pre-season and in-season through analyzing sales performance and gathering marketplace information.
- Change future Department strategies in-season where needed and provide appropriate and timely direction to the cross-functional team in order to react quickly to customer and business trends.
- Partner with accounts to ensure their product assortments are appropriate for their market and Old Navy brand.
- Actively listen to all members of the cross-functional team to ensure that innovative ideas are surfaced and acted upon, and that the team feels ownership in the business.
- Share information cross-brand and cross-channel where appropriate.
- Partner with employees to provide them with the appropriate tools and training for their development.
Who You Are
- Bachelors degree.
- 1-2 years of retail buying experience.
- Experience as a Merchandiser or equivalent.
- Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to transport, maneuver and visually evaluate merchandise.
- Ability to travel Domestically and Internationally.