Azazie, Inc. is on a mission to reinvent shopping for bridesmaid dresses and wedding gowns! Our online-only store connects bridesmaids and brides with over 200 gowns in 60+ colors for bridesmaids, brides, and mothers of the bride. At Azazie, we believe that everyone deserves to don a gorgeous gown, regardless of size or budget. We carry standard sizes 0-30, and can make any of our dresses to your custom measurements. Every dress is made-to-order, making it a more sustainable and personalized option than off-the-rack retailers.
Are you a highly creative merchandiser with a demonstrated ability to anticipate and capitalize on market and consumer-merchandise trends? Do you have experience in Shapewear and Intimate Apparel? If so, we want to meet you! We are looking for a merchandiser to define and execute product assortment plans for our shapewear
and intimates categories. You’ll be supporting the Merchandising Team in sourcing, product development, sample/quality approval, pricing and much more! This position reports to the Merchandising Manager and Creative Director. This is a full-time positionlocated in Downtown Los Angeles, California. While we do work in-office, we are open to a hybrid work setup, which will include a blend of days working in-office and remote.
Responsibilities and Duties:
● Be a key player in the merchandised category of shapewear/intimates. Aid in the planning and execution of the category while analyzing financial results, including sales and margin goals; oversee bringing products to life, from vendor relationships through product sourcing, design, and on-time launches.
● Maintain product development and assortment plan spreadsheets; present new items in product development meetings using concept boards, historical analysis and competitor trends.
● Aid in the development of product assortments, including partnering on design, layout, approval of photography, and descriptions; lead innovative presentations of products that are compelling and easy to navigate.
● Communicate effectively cross-functionally and work closely with Inventory Planning, Operations, and Finance to ensure processes are followed and deadlines are met
● Assist Inventory Planning by monitoring sales performance and customer reviews; make
recommendations on adjustments to optimize profitability
● Aid in Inventory Planning and relevant cross-functional departments with seasonal assortment plans maximizing sales, profits and budget (OTB)
● Recommend and launch new products regularly and that coordinate with other Azazie products and styles.
● Maintain and foster vendor relationships; introduce trusted vendors, resolve issues and lead negotiations with suppliers and global agents
● Strategically interpret customer feedback and align insights to all aspects of the business by performing market analysis, gathering market data, and regularly shopping competitors to keep abreast of emerging trends that match targeted consumer needs
● Monitor sales and customer performance with rigorous analytics
● Recommend effective processes and procedures to improve workflow, results and accountability
● Ensure that all final product details and pre-production samples are approved; ensure that all items have a cohesive look and meet quality and brand standards
● Drive calendar to meet critical dates and manage catalog deadlines to ensure compliance with production schedule and timely receipts
● Participate in key meetings such as seasonal product style-outs and interdepartmental launch plans
● Minimum 3-5 year Merchandiser level experience and perspective, with 2+ years in shapewear/intimates specialty.
● Must have prior fashion merchandising experience
● Determined and ambitious drive. Must have the ability to follow up on multiple projects, take initiative, and collaborate with other teams.
● Experience in inventory planning and management
● Proven track record of buying, team collaboration, and project management; strong retail math and analytical skills
● Ability to build constructive and effective relationships with broad group of business partners and departments
● Attention to detail, highly organized, deadline-driven and goal- and results-oriented
● Extremely flexible/adaptable attitude; enjoyment of a “startup” mentality
● Excellent written, problem-solving and decision-making skills
● Demonstration of strong business ownership
● Strong presentation skills; highly literate in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
● Thrive in fast-paced, evolving environment
● Maintains a cool, level head while working with a sense of urgency
● Excellent organization and communication skills (written and verbal)
● Works well independently and in a team environment
● Ability to work successfully with multiple teams and personalities
● Full Time
● 100% Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
● Paid holidays and PTO
● Located in Los Angeles, CA
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; frequently required to talk or hear; and occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision.
Azazie, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. Azazie, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.