Merchandiser, Softgoods - Armada
Amer Sports is a dynamic, global sports company offering passionate achievement-oriented professionals the chance to succeed and flourish in an international environment. Our globally recognized brands include Salomon, Arc’teryx, Atomic, and Armada among others. We are a company where ambitious, competent and motivated people can make their mark. All our team members are ready to strive for the best of the company and to win together. Just like our customers, we are dedicated to an active lifestyle and sports. Join us.
We are seeking a Merchandiser, Softgoods, for the Armada Brand.
In this role you will be a leader to our SG design & development team. This role is responsible for shaping both the direction and innovation of our soft goods line. You will be responsible of improving product ranges and development along with increasing sales performance in our SG business.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Successful planning and management of Softgoods range, setting top line direction for each season, realization of new products both in current scope and additional product lines
- Responsible for approved design-specifications and hitting target cost while exceeding industry trade and consumer expectations
- Drive innovation within product assortment
- Lead go-to-market efforts of product line including support for price setting, distribution, and marketing opportunities to support the line. This includes leading sell in efforts with key accounts
- Work efficiently, systematically, and collaboratively with designers, developers, sourcing team, and factories
- Work within the I2P development process to ensure samples and final production is completed on time and in line with the product brief
- Review, monitor global commercial / sales data for the range and act on results appropriately
- Oversea samples process for all SG products, with focus to streamline efficiencies in the process
- Assist Marketing, Commercial in the development of Training / Sell in to Sell out communication tools
- Assist Developer to ensure proper fit, style, and function for products.
- Keep BU Management informed of any relevant issues arising during all stages of the product's development and commercial lifecycle.
- Ensure running changes are communicated with Sales, Marketing, and Commercial teams.
This role requires a bachelor’s Degree in Product Development, Marketing, Business, or equivalent combination of relevant experience. This person will be asked to maintaining development schedules and budget, increase volumes in SG business, and improve margin metrics and product efficiencies.Needed Work Skills
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in apparel industry
- 2 years’ experience in Product Management or Development
- Experience working within retail a plus
- Completed studies (university/technical college) and/or specific professional experience with minimum 2 years in apparel industry
- Project management and problem-solving experience.
- Excellent technical, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Team player attitude
- Ability to multi-task and work at a fast pace
- Excellent follow-up
- High product affinity, sound understanding of consumer needs and commercial market
- Solid computer skills (MS Office) are required
- Independent and structured work method
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
- Computer skills Microsoft Office, Outlook, Teams
- Content management capabilities
- Fluent communication skills in English
- Secondary language a plus
- Detail oriented & highly focused on completing deliverables on-time
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, anticipate workload demands, communicate project status appropriately, and maintain a high level of operational transparency and accountability
- Knowledge of garment design, construction and production, including grading, technical applications and materials
- Strong hands-on problem solving, organization and communication skills. Self-motivated team player with ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and can work on multiple projects efficiently
- Output orientation A proactive and organized individual with clear communication to other groups within the company
- Knowledge of sustainable design in the softgoods industry. Desire to produce a product that is better for our world’s future through material selection, leveraging partners, and pushing what is possible with vendors.
- Sense of customer service Understand and integrate the needs of internal/external clients, in order to respond adequately in line with the interest of the company
- Ability to work as a team member and to collaborate Promote information sharing and team spirit, contributing to collective efficiency
- Professional commitment Demonstrate passion and personal investment in order to develop best-in-class products
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop), and Product Line Mgmt Software
- Snow sports background, consumer goods manufacturing is strongly preferred
- Comfortable with international travel and on-site visits to production facilities
This role is based at the Armada headquarters in Park City and is a part of the Amer Sports Winter & Outdoor full category of brands. We offer a great working environment in the sports industry with talented & passionate colleagues all over the world! Other benefits and perks include
- Medical, dental and vision
- 401k with company match
- Life insurance, pre-tax transit benefit program
- Discounts on Amer Sports products
- Smart casual dress
- Free gym membership and ski pass
- Summer hours