Responsible for category planning and the product creation process for assigned market segment. Work closely with the DMM and Design to build and communicate category strategies that meet the financial objectives, maximize profitability, and gain market share in the Wholesale channel.
- Develop, own and execute seasonal product strategies and translate into action plans that directly align with divisional strategies and meet or exceed departmental goals.
- Define product needs by department that align with divisional objectives and manage the optimal product assortment within the financial framework that meets or exceeds sales and margin plans.
- Support clear and compelling product stories by month including hero items, key styles, and novelty. Responsible for detailed product information to Creative partners and Go-to-Market.
- Monitor and track sales and sell-through on a weekly basis and work with Planning on managing product selling life cycle. Identify opportunities to chase.
- Analyze current season department / category selling date to inform future merchandising strategies.
- Maintain and demonstrate up to date knowledge of market trends and category product details.
- Lead competitive analysis for division; maintain awareness of trends and competition and apply to Eddie Bauer.
- Recruit, develop and retain Merchandising team to ensure delivery of exceptional results now and in the future.
- Build effective cross-functional relationships and skillfully navigate / influence business decisions as appropriate.
- Manage and lead presentations during product concept, design and development, selling and PR.
- Responsible for seasonal product briefs.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of costing details (fabric, trim, CM) ensuring thoughtful decision making on product attributes.
- Demonstrate good aesthetic judgement and brand understanding when developing the product line.
- Direct procurement of product where applicable.
- Operate with the highest level of conduct, integrity, and confidentiality; setting the example for leaders and associates.
- Develop and nurture strong cross functional partnerships; driving business results and inspiring a culture of transparency, collaboration, and accountability.
- Serve as an Eddie Bauer advocate in the industry and marketplace.
- Recruit, identify, develop, and retain talent that delivers performance excellence.
- As a manager, serve as a leader of company culture, norms, and conduct.
- Ability to balance a strong management presence with a high level of approachability, encouraging and eliciting associate feedback and interaction.
- 4 year degree in Retail Merchandising or related field.
- 3-5 years related experience, preferably for a specialty retailer.
- Understanding key retail sales metrics and key merchandising requirement.
- Effectively present information both internally and externally in a professional and brand appropriate manner.
- Skilled at Word, Excel and a strong knowledge of spreadsheet functions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to manage and lead a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to independently drive a business.