Born in Amsterdam, Scotch & Soda celebrates the free spirit of its birth city. Endlessly optimistic, we champion individuality, authenticity and the power of self-expression to create the unique - an attitude reflected in our designs. The Scotch & Soda collections include menswear, womenswear, kidswear, denim, eyewear, fragrances, and accessories, occupying a unique space in today's fashion landscape. Globally we're expanding, with stores and offices in major cities in Europe, North America, Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Australia and we'd love for you to be part of the journey.
You will work in our beautiful, canal facing office in the lively heart of Amsterdam. In our characteristic offices full of history and heritage you will feel inspired and proud to be part of such and unique brand. Despite the sometimes tight deadlines, the atmosphere is relaxed and friendly.
We are looking for a passionate, organised and experienced Merchandiserin our Womenswear team. You will need to be up to date on the latest trends and have a great eye for detail that takes Scotch and Soda to the next level. You need to be a flexible team player with strong cross functional communication skills.
What you will be doing:
Our merchandise department is closely involved with the Design & Buying departments to build collections that are true to the Brand, in tune with the market developments and commercially successful both at wholesale (sell in) and at retail (sell out).
- Analyze sales results on a weekly, monthly and seasonal basis drawing conclusions on how to drive the business
- Work in close collaboration with commercial teams to understand different market needs
- Competitive analysis on a global level with some travel required
- Identify growth opportunities in product and build strategies for your product area
- Assort multiple collections to sit in store and online across the different retail regions
- Translate market demand and trend information based on quantitative feedback (such as sell-thru numbers, pricing parameters, quantities etc.) and qualitative facts (such as market input and trends, commercial product needs, customer behavior, etc.)
- Build detailed range plan that will be handed over to design
- Work in collaboration with other relevant departments, such as Design, Production, Sourcing, Sales and Operations and Marketing to ensure appropriate processes are in place at every stage of the seasonal line production
- Ownership of line details in the PLM system
Our ideal candidate
- At least 5 years of experience in the Womens market of merchandising
- A fashion forward thinker who can push boundaries to exceed the expectations;
- Highly analytical
- Clear communicator
- Experience in assorting and trading for stores and online
- Global thinker with International experience
LOTS TO LOVE
Come work with us and enjoy the following benefits:
- A highly collective creative and welcoming environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an atmosphere for professional development
- To work in the most desirable offices in Amsterdam
- A 39hour working week, Fridays end at 4PM
- All Apple equipment
- 28 holiday days per year
- Onefit subscription for EUR29 a month (instead of EUR65)
- Amazing company drinks, events and parties
- Employee discounts. 28% online and in store and access to our Friends&Family sale
- Access to great company benefits around parenthood and wellbeing
- Professional help with your relocation (if applicable)
- A collective health insurance with a discount for Scotch employees and their families
- Full coverage of public transportation if you live outside Amsterdam
- A competitive salary and a annual 8% holiday pay
- A pension scheme which is 2/3 funded by Scotch & Soda
Upon a successful phone screening, we will invite you for an interview
You will receive an offer as soon as we make a selection - good luck!
Phone call with the recruiter
One of our recruiters will review your application and get in contact with you if there's a match
Short assignment or second interview
Depending on the role, we will ask you to complete a short assignment or invite you for the second interview.