Merchandiser - Yeezy Gap
Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About The RoleIn this role, you will develop, execute and drive inclusive merchandise strategies that excite the customer while meeting or exceeding the financial goals of the business. As the commercial backbone of the product development process, you will work closely with your cross functional partners using customer insights, market data and business performance to bring great products to market that amaze and delight our customers. You will own the product-level P and L, drive results and closely monitor the health of your categories ensuring product and assortments are commercially-viable and drive profitable growth. You try fast, learn fast and think big, and drive toward solutions with speed, conviction and a blue sky mentality.
What You'll Do
- Deliver results that align to overall department strategy, resulting in increased earnings and financial success.
- Build assortments that meet global, regional and online needs – right time, right place, and right price.
- Identify product opportunities through business learnings and white space in the competitive landscape.
- Partner with Design and Production on product strategies and requirements to ensure customer needs are met, AUC profitability and speed to market.
- Partner with Inventory Management and Merchandise Planning on current business and seasonal investment strategy by market to ensure strategy is executed and identifying growth drivers.
- Own assignment of flow and global tiers, season code, size model and time on offer at the style level and capture in the Omni PETE (assortment tool).
- Create and communicate seasonal strategies in a collaborative way to key cross functional team to ensure alignment and clarity before beginning the product lifecycle.
- Communicate a point of view regarding business and recommendations on go forward plan.
- May support sample process which includes all aspects of Data and Sample Management.
Who You Are
- Global Merchandising – experience in supporting the development and execution of global merchandising strategies.
- Financial Acumen – knowledge of and ability to impact financial outcomes.
- Strategic and Analytic Thinker – thinks strategically, conceptually and creatively.
- Vertical Retail – has demonstrated ability to work in vertical retail environment.
- Team Leadership – has influenced cross -functional teams.
- Dealing with Ambiguity – experience working through significant change and transformation.
- Bachelor’s Degree or related disciple or equivalent trade experience.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
- For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.