Our merchandising team help MATCHESFASHION to maximize profit, ensuring that products appear at the right time in the right quantities; forecasting trends, planning stock levels and monitoring performance.
As a key member of the Merchandising team, the Merchandising Assistant will oversee the allocations to MATCHESFASHION stores whilst processing purchase orders and resolving any related supplier or internal queries.
KEY FOCUS AREAS:
- Liaising with DC, suppliers, buyers and freight companies to resolve all delivery discrepancies. i.e. damaged items, over deliveries or shortage of stock, etc in line with department KPIs.
- Develop effective working methods and relationships with Buying Team to resolve issues as quickly as possible and develop best practice.
- Maintaining the query systems and tracking and reporting on this on a weekly basis
- Overseeing timely pre-allocations to our Photostudio and Private Shopping teams
- Responsible for completing store transfers working closely with commercial product planning.
- Deals with ad hoc allocations and replenishment in line with needs of the business.
- Create and maintain accurate delivery forecast for the wider business and operations team to review plan accordingly.
- Develop strong relationships with brand partners in order to secure priority deliveries and improve speed to market. Negotiate support for any late deliveries.
- Develop close relationship with DC inbound team to ensure efficient delivery process within shipping windows and minimise delay to maximise full price selling period
- Assist in the production of Merchandising department reports. Produce weekly delivery summary and analysis for department and feedback on risk and suggested actions
- Collaborate cross departmentally (eg. studio, e-comm, finance, marketing, stores, etc) to ensure critical path is met within agreed deadline
- Maintain and regularly update internal documents and trackers
- Details Matter: You have exceptional attention to detail and accuracy with excellent organisational and prioritisation skills. Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- Results focus: Ability to self-manage your workloadin a productive and efficient manner, working to set timescales
- You act like an owner: a flexible, motivated self-starter with a ‘can do’ attitude who thrives in an exciting fast-paced environment
- Authentic and humble, with a sense of fun: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to effectively liaise with all levels of staff and external suppliers
- You are keen to learn and develop a career within Merchandising at MATCHESFASHION and can drive own progression.
- You have a commercial awareness with a keen interest in the fashion retail industry
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills with proven proficiency in Microsoft Excel