You're an original. So are we.
We're a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we've used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi's®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™
On the Search for...
We are looking for anAssistant Merchantto act as an integral part of our global merchandising team. It is important to us this person can manage and provide day-to-day support within a cross-functional role, with a wide range of diverse responsibilities anywhere between bee keeping and wizard training. Ideally this person is someone who can twirl flaming batons with their eyes closed, while hopping on a pogo stick, without neglecting emails or outlook notifications. If you are this person we would love to get to know you and we can certainly assure you that your talents will never be overlooked.
About the Job
- Contribute to some aspects of Product Development activities
- Contribute to the execution of the annual brand plan
- Create and maintain line plans/matrix and communicate plan to stakeholders
- Assist with targeted consumer research via market shopping and trade/fashion publications to contribute to line development and pricing strategy
- Create and maintain internal seasonal sample lines
- Act as a conduit of information, materials and samples to external agencies
- Assist in creating Manufacturing Ready Packages
- Maintain seasonal product integrity in our system
- Present product lines at internal meetings
- Bachelor's degree, however, a combination of college education and related work experience may be used as a substitute
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a merchandising function for an apparel manufacturer, retailer and/or marketer
- You're open to all responsibilities - no matter how big or small
- You are proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook; picks up computer software quickly
- You are excellent in providing customer service, managing last minute changes, and staying on track in a fast work environment
- You communicate across all channels utilizing various methods
- You are solid when it comes to exercising sound judgement, tact, and discernment
- Must demonstrate an energetic, positive, helpful demeanor and a passion and interest in LS&Co.
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we've got you covered. Here's a small snapshot:
- 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
- Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
- Product discount of 60% off regular-price merchandise
- Paid Family Leave
The Company's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status, Vietnam era/disabled veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes prohibited by applicable law. Company policy prohibits harassment of applicants or employees on the basis of any protected classes. The Company has established a continuing Affirmative Action Program to assure equal employment opportunity in all its policy decisions affecting recruitment, selection, assignment, promotion, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Currently, LS&CO requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment, except in those jurisdictions where prohibited by law. Medical or religious accommodations, or other exemptions that may be required by applicable law, will be approved when properly supported. Further information is provided during the recruitment process.
San Francisco, CA, USA
FULL TIME/PART TIME