At MATCHESFASHION we are on a mission to offer the most personal luxury shopping experience in the world. We are renowned and respected for the relationships we build with clients and our brand partnerships. To achieve our ambition, we capitalise on our unique combination of technical savviness and global innovation mixed with curated content.
MORE ABOUT US
We bring together a modern edit of over 700 established and new generation designers. Founded over 30 years ago as a brick and mortar store, we transitioned online in 2012. In 2017, APAX Partners acquired a majority stake in MATCHESFASHION, fueling our expansion. We now ship to 176 countries, have over 70 million site visits and 95% of our sales are online with the majority of sales made internationally.
We have a global website, mobile apps, retail stores, private shopping, VIP events and 24/7 customer care and MyStylist teams. We have offices in the UK and Hong Kong. In London, our head office is based in The Shard, our brand-new creative hub is in Here East and last year we launched No.5 Carlos Place, a completely new retail concept combining digital and physical interaction.
We lead the way, moving our industry forward, and we are always looking for talented individuals to come in and inspire the world with us.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority for MATCHESFASHION - we delight customers around the world and so it is important that our team represents our customers.
We want to create an inclusive environment that celebrates the diversity of our people whilst enabling them to do the best work of their careers. We are committed to ensuring that all our people processes are equitable. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
Our merchandising team help MATCHESFASHION to maximize profit, ensuring that products appear at the right time in the right quantities; forecasting trends, planning stock levels and monitoring performance.
As a key member of the Merchandising team, the Merchandising Assistant will oversee the allocations to MATCHESFASHION stores whilst processing purchase orders and resolving any related supplier or internal queries.
KEY FOCUS AREAS:
- Liaising with DC, suppliers, buyers and freight companies to resolve all delivery discrepancies. i.e. damaged items, over deliveries or shortage of stock, etc in line with department KPIs.
- Develop effective working methods and relationships with Buying Team to resolve issues as quickly as possible and develop best practice.
- Maintaining the query systems and tracking and reporting on this on a weekly basis
- Overseeing timely pre-allocations to our Photostudio and Private Shopping teams
- Responsible for completing store transfers working closely with commercial product planning.
- Deals with ad hoc allocations and replenishment in line with needs of the business.
- Create and maintain accurate delivery forecast for the wider business and operations team to review plan accordingly.
- Develop strong relationships with brand partners in order to secure priority deliveries and improve speed to market. Negotiate support for any late deliveries.
- Develop close relationship with DC inbound team to ensure efficient delivery process within shipping windows and minimise delay to maximise full price selling period
- Assist in the production of Merchandising department reports. Produce weekly delivery summary and analysis for department and feedback on risk and suggested actions
- Collaborate cross departmentally (eg. studio, e-comm, finance, marketing, stores, etc) to ensure critical path is met within agreed deadline
- Maintain and regularly update internal documents and trackers
- Details Matter: You have exceptional attention to detail and accuracy with excellent organisational and prioritisation skills. Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- Results focus: Ability to self-manage your workloadin a productive and efficient manner, working to set timescales
- You act like an owner: a flexible, motivated self-starter with a 'can do' attitude who thrives in an exciting fast-paced environment
- Authentic and humble, with a sense of fun: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to effectively liaise with all levels of staff and external suppliers
- You are keen to learn and develop a career within Merchandising at MATCHESFASHION and can drive own progression.
- You have a commercial awareness with a keen interest in the fashion retail industry
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills with proven proficiency in Microsoft Excel