Quince was started to challenge the existing idea that nice things should cost a lot. Our mission was simple: create an item of equal or greater quality than the leading luxury brands and sell them at a much lower price.
EVERYONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO AFFORD NICE THINGS. Quality shouldn’t be a luxury. We’re proud of our mission to bring the world’s highest quality goods to people at affordable prices.
QUALITY IS MORE THAN MATERIALS. True quality is a combination of premium materials and high production standards.
WE FOCUS ON THE ESSENTIALS. From the perfect crewneck sweater to hotel quality sheets, we're all about high quality essentials that bring enjoyment to daily life.
WE’RE INNOVATING TO MAKE UNREAL PRICES A REALITY. Our uniquely developed factory-direct model lets us offer exceptionally high quality goods for much lower prices than our competitors.
ALWAYS A BETTER DEAL. We believe in real price transparency, for both our customers and factory partners. This way, everyone gets a better deal.
FAIR FACTORIES. We are committed to working with factories that meet the global standards for workplace safety and wage fairness.
OUR TEAM AND SUCCESS
Quince is a retail and technology company co-founded by a team that has extensive experience in retail, technology and building early stage companies. You’ll work with a team of world-class talent from Stanford GSB, Wish.com, D.E. Shaw, Stitch Fix, Urban Outfitters, Wayfair, McKinsey, Nike etc.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, problem-solver and successful in combining technology and data into best-in-class outcomes. The candidate is energized by solving complex business problems and consistently effective in making high-judgement decisions at rapid pace amidst the frequent ambiguity that comes with charting a course of action with no precedent. Moreover, the ideal candidate is energized by an environment where strategy, innovation and decision-making are intentionally distributed, where candor, speed and data are highly valued and colleagues at all levels hold each other to unusually high standards on behalf of Quince customers.
The Merchandise Coordinator is a true builder at heart. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to learn about Merchandising from the ground up.
The ideal candidate is energized by product, market trends and thrive in an fast-paced environment. This role is an integral part of the team and will support the day-to-day functions of the Merchandising team. They will work cross-functionally throughout Quince to help rapidly build a winning business.
- Supports merchants on execution of product identification, sourcing, development, and publishing process
- Coordinate between Creative, Engineering, Marketing teams to help launch products on site. This includes creating items in our product catalog, writing purchase orders for new products, organizing samples for photoshoots, and maintaining product detail pages
- Communicate with vendors regularly on sample tracking and delivery status for future and past due orders
- Manage product development data integrity within internal business systems across all stages of product development and sourcing process
- Implement tools and streamline processes to help eliminate inefficient ways of working and improve overall team health & effectiveness
Year One Deliverables
- Support the launch of :2000 skus/150 product detail pages on site. Tasks include: sample tracking, assisting on photoshoot, item creation, publishing items into Shopify, ensuring inventory is accurately synced and shoppable, managing product details and descriptions, competitive pricing research, designating and arranging Collection/Sub-Collection pages
- Develop more efficient processes to reduce time it takes to create items, upload POs, and publish items on site (target 25% reduction)
- Act as the Merchandising representative to lead sample coordination and execute 20 photoshoots (model and flat)
- 1+ years of of wholesale, retail, or merchandising experience preferred
- Strong understanding of retail math and retail reporting
- Product obsessed, with an eye for good design and market trends
- Highly organized, detail-oriented with a focus on execution, problem solving, improving processes
- Continuous learner and highly curious, always open to considering new perspectives, comfortable balancing multiple priorities and pivoting with last minute changes
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment and has a high sense of urgency
- Performance driven and performance motivated - gets results and likes being in a culture that values performance
- Proficient with MS Office/ G Suite applications including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Location: San Francisco
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Quince seeks to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.