Merchandising Director, Licensed Global Sports Apparel
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
For NIKE, Inc. merchants, everything begins and ends with the consumer. The Nike Merchandising team understands consumer needs and market capacity to create the right product mix for marketplaces around the world. From stores to online, this team helps bring the seasonal category visions to life. The Merchandising team has the unique ability to see beyond trends to identify what’s next to deliver the right product to the right places at the right time and price.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Director of Merchandising for Global Sports Apparel as part of the Global Merchandising function. The role owns the merchandising team for Licensed Apparel across key sports including NBA/WNBA/NCAA/Global Football and is responsible for the product assortment and strategy.
This is a Global Merchandising role within the Global Product Merchandising function. Global Merchandising leads Product Line Architecture, drives Product Line Plan, drives Franchise & Classification Excellence and is the pivot between creation and marketplace adopt teams to receive and provide inputs throughout the go-to-market process.
The candidate possesses a competence for Strategy, Business and Sport as well as understanding for macro marketplace evolutions by geography. This role builds and drives Global product distribution strategy and intent for global marketplace, makes logical enterprise decisions with relevant partners (Brand, DSM, Product) and cultivate cross Consumer Construct alignment where vital. This individual demonstrates high retail math proficiency to consistently engage with planning & financial partners to build product and financial plans as well as leverages retail sales, marketplace and consumer behavior insights data to regularly read and respond to business performance.
The candidate is required to be a consumerist and industry expert who understands Nike's increasingly diverse consumers and their evolving value systems and shopping behaviors, in order to plan products and drive consumer moments that lead consumers to new experiences. They will partner with key team members (Consumer Science, Product, Brand, Planning, Other Global Merchandising teams, Geo Merchandising teams) to identify line plan and marketplace opportunities.
The role requires effective communication skills - Delivering consistent, clear, agile and timely written and verbal communication with Construct teammates and Geo Partners apart from a strong ability to influence and engage.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
If this is you, you’ll be working against the following responsibilities –
1. Define the GSA Licensed Merchandising team’s priorities to drive merchandising excellence in Nike Licensed Apparel
2. Contribute to a comprehensive strategy against Global Sports Apparel with the merchandising team & cross functional partners.
3. Lead clear plans on Licensed Apparel including gathering Insights, Positioning, Line Planning, Distribution plans
4. Drive creation of go-to-market tools to enable our Geography partners to execute in the marketplace.
5. Partner with M/W/K Branded Apparel teams to ensure connectivity across Gender/Sport
6. Lead and serve an impactful team
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
Key partners for this role will include -
- M/W/K Global Merchandising
- Global Product Management
- Global Color/Design
- Global Merchandising Operations
- Geography Merchandising
- Global Consumer Planning
- Global Brand
WHAT YOU BRING
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10 years+ experience in merchandising, product creation, and or digital retail, in a vertical or wholesale environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence thru complexity required.
- Leadership style that is adaptable and agile. Ability to drive outcomes in a complex, cross-functional environment
- Willingness to travel 10-20% of the time.
- Role is based at Nike WHQ.
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.