Merchandising Director – North America Nike Direct, Men’s Footwear
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
For NIKE, Inc. merchants, everything begins and ends with the consumer. The Nike Merchandising team understands consumer needs and market capacity to create the right product mix for marketplaces around the world. From stores to online, this team helps bring the seasonal category visions to life. The Merchandising team has the unique ability to see beyond trends to identify what’s next to deliver the right product to the right places at the right time and price.
As the Men’s Footwear Director, North America Direct Merchandising, you will be responsible for creating world class assortments for Digital and Stores, leading a large team, consumer and business insights, and delivering on key retail metrics.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
You will lead a team to build and buy consumer centric assortments with an understanding of consumer/retail trends, and marketplace goals. You will participate in seasonal reviews & assortment building in partnership with consumer merchants, cross gender counterparts, and cross functional partners to ensure we are delivering the most compelling products, stories and experiences to our Nike Direct Consumer.
You will balance multiple seasons. Managing in season business, keeping an eye on coming season, managing the buying/assorting process, and delivering insights to affect future product creation.
YOUR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE:
- Lead, inspire and motivate the Men’s Footwear Merchandising team
- Manage in season retail business and future season buying process. Ensure we are moving at the pace of the consumer. (Digital and Stores)
- Influence Geo, Brand, and Platform teams to ensure we are supporting our most important products.
- Drive product lifecycle balance newness and consistency.
- Drive franchise health across the portfolio, aligned to product strategic intent
- Provide Nike Direct POV on Product Line, Strategic Intent, & Marketplace Insights
- Member of Direct triad (Merch/DSM/Brand)
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will be working very closely with your
Nike Direct cross functional teams: Planning, Site Merchandising, Brand, Geo Consumer Merchants, Cross Gender Counterparts, Digital and Stores teams. You will also be engaged very closely with Digital and Stores organizations to ensure the above deliverables can be brought to life in the most effective and aligned manner for our consumer. Additionally, you will work with finance, operations, and Insights/analytics teams; relying on business reporting for your area which includes quantitative and qualitative metrics on sales, inventory, and consumer behaviors.
KEY PARTNERS INCLUDE:
- Geo Direct Cross-Functional Triad
- Geo Product Merchandising
- Site Merchandising/Retail Brand
- Marketing, App/Platform Teams, Membership
- Geo Direct and Consumer Product Merchandising Leaders across Men’s/Women’s/Kids
- Nike Direct Leadership (Stores + Digital)
- Direct and Geo Operations
WHAT YOU BRING
Skills and experiences needed for successful candidates:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree or combination of relevant education, experience, and training
- At least 10 years experience in merchandising and/or product creation
- Footwear, apparel and/or equipment merchandising experience
- Management Experience
- Consumer Industry and Insights Competence
- Strong Retail Acumen
- Ability to translate Insights and Retail Results into Actionable Strategies and Plans
- Experience developing and implementing Product Strategy
- Experience in multi-season Assortment Planning and Pricing
- Cross functional Leadership and Partnership
- Obtain a keen understanding of the Nike consumer and marketplace
- Ability to display Product Expertise
- Willing to travel 10-20% of the time
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.