We are growing our thrift business across multiple states and are seeking a candidate who will play a significant role in building and improving our Merchandising operations. In this important leadership position, you will work with our Retail and Executive management team to define, oversee, analyze, and direct all Product management functions for the organization. This position is accountable for the management of the company Merchandising programs and projects to improve the way we organize, present, price, and control our donated products. The Merchandise Director will direct, plan, organize and control all aspects of store execution of product related efforts to maximize the revenue potential of each item we place on our sales floors. This position will also provide continuity of support and coaching to our stores in maintaining compliance with the Merchandising standards you put in place through planning, product leadership, project coordination, hands-on implementation, coaching, and change management.
Key Organization Partners:Owners/Executive Leadership team, Retail leaders at all levels, Information Technology, Marketing, and Product Sourcing/Inventory management
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conduct needs assessments for company Merchandising programs and functions to develop and achieve company buy-in on a roadmap of needed improvements efforts. Be the driving force of Retail management support for store execution of all Merchandising programs/projects. Own and improve product classification structures of Departments and Categories. Develop and communicate sales floor layout standards, including timing of seasonal or more frequent transitions. Develop category level pricing curves. Develop, implement, train stores, and maintain a condition and quality-based item grading process. Conduct pricing analysis and make surgical adjustments to optimize category sales. Conduct Linear feet analysis to achieve the best space to sales allocations. Develop category put-out targets and train stores to do continual data assessments for individual store adjustments. Conduct sell-through timing analysis to create variable category time on floor rotation standards. Develop and manage a company-wide seasonal Back stocking program with buildup and put out goals, including timing for introducing, selling, and disposition of holiday products. Work with IT and Reporting/Analysis to determine system functionality, reports, and analysis environment needs to deliver on Merchandising program requirements. Work with Marketing on product discount and promotion strategies. Work with Sourcing/Collections on prioritized product acquisition strategies. Communicate to leadership with monthly reporting of departmental outcomes and assure responsiveness of short and long-range Merchandise planning to corporate objectives.
- 8+ years’ experience demonstrating Retail Merchandising management expertise; Thrift industry Retail Merchandising expertise a huge plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Retail, Merchandising Management, or related field or equivalent experience of 10+ years will be considered.
- Demonstrated Merchandise program/project management and leadership.
- Use of Plan-o-gram schematic technology
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products such as SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, strong knowledge in other Microsoft applications such as SQL, and also Tableau. Able to collaboratively team with all departments and at all levels in the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High level of attention to detail. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on several projects at once. Strong sense of internal and external customer service.
- Strong time management skills and demonstrate adherence to timelines and schedules.
- Good interpersonal skills: able to work well with a wide range of people.
- Excellent Project Management and Change Management skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and ability to take initiative in development and completion of projects.