Merchandising Internship Program (Los Angeles, ca - Summer 2023)
TJX is an exciting place to work and we count on our Associates to bring our business to life. Staying true to our open, collaborative culture and values of honesty, integrity, and treating each other with dignity and respect is a top priority for us.
Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, which include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense, and TK Maxx. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises - our environment is ever-changing, and that's just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
Posting Notes: Los Angeles || CA
What you'll discover during a Summer Internship at TJX:
- Opportunity to make an impact and contribute to a specific team
- Volunteer, executive-led speaker series, and networking events
- Challenging, collaborative, team-based environment
- Inclusive culture where all Associates feel welcome, valued, and engaged
- Career growth opportunities - with successful completion of this experience, you may be presented a future offer to return to TJX!
- Hybrid work model- housing benefits for those who qualify
Our Off-Price business model is unlike any other retailer, so we'll make sure you have the right classroom and on-the-job training to show you what a long-term career in Merchandising can look like. At TJX, Merchandising is comprised of two divisions - Planning & Allocation and Buying; together, they work to drive our sales & increase profit.
Our Buyers are global travelers, sourcing from a universe of over 22,000 vendors and more than 100 countries to deliver amazing merchandise at an exciting value to our customers every day.
Our Planning & Allocation teams manage the day-to-day management of our retail chains by analyzing financial data, anticipating customer buying patterns and managing inventory levels to create the treasure hunt experience we are known for.
Our Merchandising Internship opportunities exist in our Corporate Home Office inLos Angeles, CA, as well as limited opportunities in our Home Office in Framingham, MA and our New York Buying Office.
As a Merchandising Intern, your responsibilities may include:
- Assigned toBuying
- Analyze sales trends and reports to anticipate consumer buying patterns and product trends
- Accompany Buyers on local, virtual, or on-site vendor visits
- Strategize with Buyers before vendor visits and debrief post-visit
- Visit stores to analyze our product mix as well as our competitors
- Resolve merchandise issues with our Distribution Centers, Buyers, and Vendors
We are looking for students who are self-starters that have a strong foundation of strategic and analytical thinking and are eager to put them to use in the world of business. Specifically, we are looking for current students who are:
- Current Sophomores & Juniors
- Genuine interest in a career in Retail / Merchandising
Additional qualifications include:
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to think critically and creatively solve problems
- Genuine interest in retail, product, and in following trends
- Excellent communicators who work well in teams
- Proven leadership abilities and a strong work ethic
- Sense of curiosity for an ever-changing retail landscape
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Detail oriented
- Proficient Excel skills (i.e., pivot tables, charts, v-look up, etc.)
- Learn more about TJX by attending virtual recruiting events. Click here to register for an upcoming session
- Virtual one-way interview (HireVue)
- Virtual business scenario
- Virtual behavioral interviews
- Potential Offer to join the TJX Family!
With our buying office located in Los Angeles, CA, reliable transportation is required as TJX is not easily accessible to public transportation. A variable work schedule is part of the role and based on the needs of the business. You may need to travel to area stores or work hours that do not coincide with the public transportation schedule.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Starting Pay Range: $21 to $23 per hour.
Actual starting pay is determined by a number of factors, including relevant skills, qualifications, and experience.
Covid-19 vaccination and booster is a condition of employment at TJX, subject to reasonable accommodation where required by law.
Come Discover Different at TJX. From opportunity and teamwork to growth, we think you'll find that it's so much more than a job. When you're a part of our global TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people dedicated to finding great deals and fantastic style. Best of all? They have a lot of fun doing it.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritize the tangible stuff (Competitive salaries: check. Solid benefits: check. Plenty of room for advancement: of course). It's our way of empowering you to make your career here.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Los Angeles || CA