Merchandising Manager, Apparel
SPANX isn’t your average company. We revolutionized an industry by challenging the status quo and putting the customer first. While we live in the fashion and retail world, we don’t obsess trends, rules or conventional ways of running a business. Rather – we set the trends, create solutions, and we obsess product with out-of-the-box-thinking and patented technology. Spanx is beloved around the world by customers and celebrities alike for our comfort-first approach to must-haves like shapewear, apparel, jeans, active, leggings, bras and beyond! We elevate women through product and empower them to look and feel their best. And we think we’ve only scratched the surface. We are a high-growth, innovative and ambitious company and we are embarking on an exciting trajectory of both digital and international expansion.
About The RoleJob DescriptionThe Merchandising Manager is responsible for planning, developing, communicating, and executing the overall category and product strategy for Apparel, Dresses, and Bottoms, as well as supporting the Spanx Apparel and Leggings brand. As a member of the Merchandising team, you will play an integral role in further achieving, maintaining, and surpassing the hyper-growth journey that is Spanx.
This role is based in our Atlanta headquarters,requires in-office work, and reports to the Senior Merchandising Manager, Apparel.
You’ll love it because you will…
- Be the cross-functional product category championfor Apparel and conduit between design, product development, production, planning, marketing, and sales; demonstrate the end-to-end understanding of the product lifecycle
- Deliver assortments that bring stories to life at retail in a compelling and relevant manner that excite our existing consumer, and entice new consumers looking for wardrobe solutions
- Collaborate with the team to buildan integrated line plan framework; edits/assorts product collections thatdraw boththe customer in and drive results
- Applyfoundational retail math (turn, gross margin, markup, sell-thru, etc.) to drive informed and profitable pre-planning and in-season decisions around assortment mix, depth, and productivity
- Understand the competitive landscape and models opportunities with data and analytics
- Collaborate with manager to leverage products and product mix to elevate the brand and drive revenue growth and profitability
- Supportmilestonemeetings and presentationswith tool building and setup
- Perform general categorymaintenance, including data entryand sample management
- Establish cross-functional relationships to promote best practices and process adherence while fostering teamwork
- 3-5years ofexperience in product merchandising or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strategic thinking anda can-do attitude, with the ability to see business potential in complex situations and provide clear solutions
- Analytical skills including retail math, margin analysis, and inventory management
- Clear and effective communication skills, to drive cross-functional partners to collectively achieve successful results
- An ability to be creative and analytical simultaneously
- An entrepreneurial spirit and ability/desire to work without regimented systems and processes
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.