Merchandising Manager, Field of Play/Team
Who We Are:
Since 1906, New Balance has empowered people through sport and craftsmanship to create positive change in communities around the world. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We foster a culture in which every associate feels welcomed and respected, where leaders and creatives are inspired to shape the world of tomorrow by taking bold action today. At New Balance, We Got Now.
Job descriptionJOB MISSION:
Develop and implement the New Balance seasonal directed assortments, within a specific Business Unit, consistent with key brand initiatives and financial expectations. Drive the Go-To-Market process and execution, in cooperation with the Regional Channel Merchants, North America Sales and Brand/Integrated/Business Unit Marketing. Drive product segmentation from a category point of view. Drive model and style efficiency and eliminate product redundancy.
- Adopt and adapt the global product line that meets and exceeds our regional goals, by thinking with the end in mind.
- Create and elevate the consumer experience with profitable consumer right assortments for given category.
- Establish Directed Assortments that deliver the right product, at the right time, in the right place, at the right price, with the right quantities.
- Edit assortments to ensure amplification of key products, concepts, and stories with a retail end in mind/consumer mindset.
- Ensure footwear, apparel, acc's and marketing are in sync and aligned as part of the go to market process.
- Balance the art and science of merchandising. Market and financial analytics with regional leads with limited manager oversight.
- Data analysis, driver research and plan synthesis with review/input from Sr. Merchandiser or General Merchandising Manager
- Engage market sensing intelligence/feedback at key milestones to ensure delivering consumer right assortments
- Key forums for Merch voice - strong presence and point of view in these touchpoints - Virtual Line Review (2/year) and Global Line Review (2/year).
New Balance is committed to creating a culture that allows our associates to do their best work. Ourcorporatework-from-home policy does not mandate an arbitrary number of days in-office. Instead, we've designed a flexible hybrid model that empowers individual teams by letting the type of work dictate where it will most effectively be performed. We are capitalizing on this unique opportunity to evolve how we work based on efficiency, productivity, and the well-being of our associates.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Financial results by line plan business against plan (annual budgets and 3yr OGSP targets); category mix, unit, revenue, go in and standard gross margin, ASP and forecast accuracy
- Product sell through and market share (monthly)
- Style efficiency (pairs (units)/style)
- Directed Assortment; conversion, key driver adoption, model commonality, lifecycle management and seasonal flow
- 6+ years related product management or merchandising experience with 7+ years professional experience
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Retail/industry experience in footwear
- System savvy (PLM, ERP, Merchandising)
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Lifestyle Industry knowledge
- Analytical/problem analysis skills
Regular Associate Benefits:
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. New Balance offers a comprehensive traditional benefits package including three options for medical insurance as well as dental, vision, life insurance and 401K. We also proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks - opportunities like online learning and development courses, tuition reimbursement, $100 monthly student loan support and various mentorship programs - that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You'll also enjoy a yearly $1,000 lifestyle reimbursement, 4 weeks of vacations, 12 holidays and generous parental leave, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword - it's part of our culture.
Learn more about our Benefits
Temporary associate benefits will be communicated separately.