Merchandising Manager, MRTW
The Merchandising team supports Hermès of Paris US business by managing the process of sales forecasting, open to buy (OTB), merchandise selection, inventory management, reporting and analysis. The Merchandising team develops strategies and sets clear direction to maximize business performance.
As the Merchandising Manager, you will manage the overall business of assigned categories through your partnership with retail planners, boutique Directors and Paris headquarter to meet the financial goals by maximizing business opportunities.
This position is based in New York and reports to the Director of Merchandising.
About the Role:
- Execute seasonal strategies for category that meet or exceed the financial goals
- Review and react to weekly business trends based on sales and feedback from each market
- Ensure timely delivery of outstanding orders and provide updates to boutiques
- Provide quantitative (data) and qualitative (trend) research to determine seasonal assortments and promotional strategies
- Provide seasonal competitive analysis on key products to be resourceful for senior management and headquarter in Paris
- Develop training tools while partnering with training department to assist boutiques with sales performance
- Interact with boutiques to ensure proper product flow; process inter-boutiques transfers, allocate products from the warehouses, support special orders and stock requests, advise on stock availability
- Monitor boutique stock levels/assortments for optimal product mix, recommend and execute actions to support sales. Review and update the assortments in accordance with business trends
- Develop and monitor sales/stock reporting tools to identify and maximize opportunities to offset risk or exceed targets
- Collaborate with store directors during the buy (Podium) to ensure optimal product assortment customized per boutique
- All other duties assigned by supervisor
Decision Making Responsibility:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in retail buying, product management, merchandising with strong brand identity
- Proven analytical ability to synthesize data from different systems to understand business trends and provide forward-thinking insight
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills
- Results driven; strategic conceptual and innovative thinker
- Strong interpersonal skills to foster inter-departmental relationships
- Proven excellence at meeting long and short-term deadlines
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; advanced Excel user is preferred
- French is a plus, but not a requirement
- Strong written, verbal, and analytical skills
We are looking for a candidate that has a combination of the above attributes and can perform the key functions of the role with or without reasonable accommodations.
Hermès of Paris (USA) requires proof of full vaccination status as defined by the CDC and/or applicable state or local health agencies against the virus known as COVID-19, and any variants, as a condition of employment with Hermès of Paris (USA), except where prohibited by state or local law. Hermès of Paris (USA) will consider any reasonable requests for accommodations for disability and sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable laws.
Since 1837, Hermès has remained faithful to its artisan business model and humanist values. We place people at the heart of what we do and aspire to make a positive impact on the world. The freedom to create, the constant search for beautiful materials, the transmission of a savoir-faire of excellence and the aesthetic of functionality define the singularity of Hermès, a house dedicated to making highly-crafted, beautiful objects made to stand the test of time.
An independent, family-owned company, Hermès is dedicated to keeping production in France through its 42 workshops, The Hermès organization is also a truly global community with a network of 310 stores in 49 countries. Hermès employs more than 15,000 people worldwide with over 6,000 of the workforce being Hermès craftspeople engaged in making artisanal products, nurturing a 180+ year tradition of creativity and innovation.
At Hermès, our actions for sustainable development and corporate social responsibility are founded in values passed down by generations of humble artisans who have shaped the story of our house and the integrity of our objects. The roots of Hermès’ success and longevity lie in a sense of responsibility; a quest for authenticity and respect for time and preservation of natural resources. All at Hermès wish to leave a positive footprint on the world, a mission that’s at the heart of our commitment to progress. This narrative can be experienced in a series of shorts films “Footsteps Across the World” available on our website.
Family is at the heart of Hermès. At Hermès of Paris, we are committed to being a Maison for All, a home where we make efforts to generate, support and advance the values of diversity, inclusion and family both within our own walls and in the wider world. At Hermès of Paris we look to create a diverse workforce of talented and unique individuals with different backgrounds, skillsets and worldviews that will enrich our Hermès of Paris family. We support our individual team members personal and professional success through a culture that values equality, individuality and fairness and through an environment where individuals can thrive and feel comfortable being their authentic selves. Beyond the walls of our Maison, we advance our DIF values through the work that we do in partnership with our community and non-profit partners.
At Hermès of Paris, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. It is the policy of Hermès of Paris, Inc. that applicants for employment are recruited, selected and hired on the basis of individual merit and ability with respect to positions being filled and potential for promotion or transfer which may be expected to develop. Applicants are recruited, selected and hired without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, citizenship, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. In addition, personnel procedures and practices with regard to training, promotion, transfer, compensation, demotion, lay off or termination are to be administered with due regard to job performance, experience and qualifications, but without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, citizenship, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hermès of Paris, Inc. also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Hermes, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, commercial information, professional or employment information, non-public education records, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at [email protected] Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email address.