Merchandising Manager - North America
Founded in 1971 in Somerset, England, today Mulberry is a truly global fashion company and the largest manufacturer of luxury leather goods in the United Kingdom. Across all locations, we are united by our employee values: Be Bold, Be Open, Be Responsible, Be Imaginative.
If these are values you share, we would love you to join our team.
The Merchandising Manager will be responsible for managing the profitable execution of all product categories through North America Retail Full Price and Off-price stores. Maximise delivery of sales and profit that fall in-line with business growth plans and strategies across all aspects of the Buying and Merchandising function.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Budgeting and Forecasting:
· Management of annual and seasonal sales and margin budgeting, category planning, and devising strategic objectives for four collections a year.
· Responsible for bi-annual OTB planning across all product categories in North America.
· Forecasting of sales and inventory through review of trends and product range, considering comparative stores, and new opportunities.
· Partner with Buying & Merchandising teams to devise and select product assortments for stores & digital based on brand category strategies, store grades, capacities, demographics, historical performance and sales forecasts.
· Coordination and presentation of seasonal product training for Retail store managers.
· Manages team competitive research to illustrate both the strengths and weaknesses of products and pricing in all markets.
· Completes regular store visits and builds strong relationships with store managers to improve area’s performance.
· Develops and maintains a thorough understanding of product performance across all markets at a store level with and understanding of customer profiles, competitive environment.
· Manage weekly product requests from retail teams.
· Review digital stock and retail stock
· Weekly review of KPI’s – stock, sales, cover, sell-thru, margin.
· Managing the team to react to drive trade.
· Challenge and manage the department on refining procedures of reporting and analysis.
· Meeting the ad-hoc analytical requirements of the business to give factual and solid foundations for strategic future decision making.
· Review PRIMA database and manage discrepancies.
· Maintain IDS with seasonal SKUs and ensure top sellers and brand partnerships are prioritised.
· Work very closely with Marketing, Press, and Online teams to identify market opportunities and translate commercial merchandising initiatives.
· Partner with Visual Merchandising on window product changes, seasonal guidelines of products and setting expectations for in-store standards and requirements by store grade.
· Provide seasonal feedback to Product Management on collection immediately post buy, monthly current sales trends and also advise on range briefs for future collections and market specific product requests.
· Partners with Global Buying and Merchandising team to ensure that the sales and stock forecasting is in line with the business plans.
· Maintains constant team spirit while training and developing Merchandising team.
· Ensure implementation and adherence to best practice tools and efficient processes.
· Challenge and ensure team is improving category performance, productivity and profitability, by managing ranging, optimal stock levels through consolidations, re-buys, re-phasing of intake.
· Understand and demonstrate the Mulberry employee values and behaviours: Be Bold, Be Imaginative, Be Open, Be Responsible.
· Support Mulberry to deliver an inclusive culture, through behaving in a way that is open-minded and respectful towards others, and understanding that your views, opinions and experiences may not always be shared by your colleagues.
· Act as an ambassador for Mulberry and communicate positively about the brand.
Skills & Knowledge:
· Very strong financial and analytical skills tied in with Microsoft Office Suite.
· Commercially aware with a strong experience and understanding of luxury and competitors driven from a passion for retailing and product with an eye for fashion.
· Decision making and problem solving: demonstrates ability to maximise opportunities and minimise risks through on-going analysis, uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
· Planning skills and analytical skills: numerate, logical and pragmatic; produces and manages detailed, thorough and accurate work; uses a wide range of analytical tools and techniques; demonstrates clear understanding of all stages in end-to-end planning process.
· Highly motivated and enthusiastic to work with others and able to listen, influence and effectively communicate at all levels.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to translate detailed information in a clear and straightforward manner.
· Strong management experience and ability to take the initiative, be flexible and a strong team player, committed with drive to achieve objectives.
· Well-organised and efficient with strong planning capabilities with ability to work to multiple, competing deadlines.
Salary: $80,000 - $100,000 a year
Mulberry is an equal opportunities employer and we are passionate about hiring and developing the best talent. All hiring decisions are made only on the basis of qualifications, skills or experience and as they relate to the particular role. If you need us to make any adjustments to our application or interview processes to enable you to be at your best, please email us at email@example.com.