Merchandising Planner, Monitors
The Merchandising Planner is primarily responsible for leading assigned category in order to optimize sales and margin goals by defining and establishing pricing, category product planning and execution, inventory management and executing market strategies for new products.
About NeweggFounded in 2001, Newegg began selling PC components and helped popularize the PC-building movement. In doing so, we developed a cult following among PC and DIY enthusiasts. Since then, Newegg Inc. became the leading tech-focused e-retailer in North America, with a global reach in Europe, South America, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Today, millions of customers turn to Newegg to shop for the latest PC components, consumer electronics, smart home and gaming products. Newegg is consistently ranked as one of the best online shopping destinations, and the company regularly earns industry-leading customer service ratings.
Our core values guide our entrepreneurial spirit. We recognize performance and support new ideas, and empower individuals to take ownership of their work while creating something unique. As an employee, Newegg offers medical, dental, and vision benefits day-1, 401k matching, pet insurance, and other excellent perks.
- Responsible for attainment of sales and margin goals, reducing RMA rate and returns. Analyze category sales data and provides category sales forecasts
- Review inventory reports and overseeing inventory ratio, cold items and properly balanced inventories
- Review vendor agreements and collaborate with legal team for final approval
- Coordinate sales data to come up promotion plans
- Initiate and nurture professional vendor relationships
- Keep abreast of market trends and identify new product opportunities that reflect customer demands, needs and opportunities
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary
- Good understanding on cross border business into international markets
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or equivalent
- 2-3 years of work experience in procurement, supply chain and/or manufacturing
- Experience in negotiation with vendors for promotions and backend funding (MDF, Co-op, VIR, SR, and etc.)
- Experience in cost structure and margin calculation
- Aging inventory management
- Ability to professionally communicate with all levels of management and external clients, bilingual Mandarin is highly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication, time management and problem-solving skills
- Must be self-directed, fast learner and effective working independently, yet equally comfortable contributing in a team environment
- Strong reasoning and decision-making skills with the ability to deal with multiple issues and details at once
- Preferred with computer hardware and components knowledge
Decisions may affect a work unit or area within a department. May contribute to business and operational decisions that affect the department. This position performs a variety of routine duties within established policies and procedures or by referral to supervisor's guidelines.
Physical Functions:Sitting required 90% of the time. Walking and standing required 5% of the time respectively. No heavy lifting required. Constant keyboarding and telephone usage.
Language SkillsMust be able to speak, read, write and comprehend English.
Work EnvironmentOffice cubicle environment with minimal exposure to the environment or health hazards.
Travel RequirementsNo travel is required for this position.