As aMerchandising Representative,
you will play an integral role in assisting the achievement of team goals while building a foundational knowledge of Ace merchandising values, programs, and best practices that prepares them for advancement with Ace in 12 – 24 months. The Merch Rep works closely with various internal and external stakeholders to support team responsibilities in order to maximize both sales and profits within Ace and retailers.
The Merch Rep will assist with various integral tasks within the department, including but not limited to:
- Vendor and item selection
- Promotional planning
- Implementation of programs and initiatives
- Participate in a comprehensive training program to learn and develop the knowledge and skills necessary to implement critical assignments within the merchandising area.
- Learn to execute and follow through on all tasks related to the implementation of key merchandising functions. Apply knowledge by assisting with key tasks such as item starts/maintenance, price maintenance, event planner, category reviews, promotional planning, show prep and other initiatives to assist merchants in growing retail sales within their respective categories.
- Study retail marketplace and assist category management partner in building and maintaining category plan-o-grams. Utilize territory rep counterparts to enhance knowledge of regional and local product needs and develop sales skills to implement category at retail, driving measurable results.
- Develop understanding of the function of inventory control and participate in impact merchant can affect on in effort to deliver product fill levels and Ace warehouse (RSC) inventory turnover to goal.
- Develop a working relationship with key cross-functional areas to gain acceptance, build credibility, and grow understanding and resource in other departments, the vendor community and Ace retailers.
- Become proficient in and apply the use of Ace technology applications such as ACENET intranet site, Ace Data Warehouse, SAP and Product Content Management system.
- Assist merchant and department merchandise manager with special projects and other administrative functions.
- Bachelor’s degree (business marketing or management a plus) or 2-4 years of related work experience (retail, sales or marketing). Understanding of business fundamentals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think critically and strategically.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong PC skills to include Excel, Word and Outlook. Technology adaptive to embrace and become skilled at Ace’s technology platform.
- Self-confident, self-motivated with good presentation skills.
- Ability to work across teams and independently with some supervision.
- Ability to travel 10%
$55000 - $68000 per year
Why should you join our team? We live our values - W.E.L.I.G.H.T (Winning, Excellence, Love, Integrity, Gratitude, Humility, and Teamwork). Gratitude. Humility. Love. You don’t often see values like these in most corporate statements, but Ace is different. These things are important to us. They represent our commitment to the company, our employees, to Ace retailers and to the Ace brand.
BenefitsIn addition to providing our employees a great culture, Ace also offers competitive benefits* that address life’s necessities and perks, many of which expand and improve year after year, including:
- Incentive opportunities, based on role/grade level (rapid company growth over the past 5 years resulted in incentives being paid out at an average of 126% of your target opportunity!)
- Generous 401(k) retirement savings plan with company contributions, averaging 9.6% per year of eligible earnings over the past 5 years
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision and disability – up to 26 weeks short-term disability and long-term disability) & life insurance benefits for you and your dependents
- 21 days of vacation immediately available (prorated in the first year) and up to 6 paid holidays depending on the month of hire
- Company Car, phone and fuel card are provided for field-based positions
- Your career at Ace is more than just a job. It’s a chance to be part of something meaningful. We help locally-owned businesses thrive and make an impact in their communities – and we support our employees in doing the same by offering an annual Ace Cares Week, 20 hours off work per year to volunteer at an organization of your choice, opportunities to help Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and the Ace Helpful Fund through the Ace Foundation
- Ace invests in every employee we hire, with a key focus on development and coaching. We offer on-site classes, facilitator-led courses, and a generous tuition assistance program, plus a performance management approach that goes beyond the typical annual review
- We know the work environment matters. That’s why Ace holds frequent campus events like Employee Appreciation Week, vendor demos, cookouts, and merchandise sales
- We bring them to you! Services such as mobile spas, auto maintenance, car wash and detailing, dry cleaning, dentists, eye doctors, flu shots, recycling and more!
- Employee discounts on Ace merchandise (including top brands like Weber, Traeger, Yeti, Craftsman, DeWalt and more), travel, fitness, computers and thousands more
- Birth/Adoption bonding paid time off
- Adoption cost reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – access to free visits to therapists and lawyers, guidance on financial matters, elder and childcare, and assistance with tickets to entertainment events
- Identity theft protection
- Benefits are provided in compliance with applicable policies.
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.
Equal Opportunity EmployerAce Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.
DisclaimerThe pay range for this position starts as listed in the job posting, but could be higher based on education and experience. Please note, compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each opening. We take into consideration the minimum requirements outlined in the job description, such as an individual’s education, training and experience, the position’s work location, required travel (if any), and external market conditions when determining the final salary for potential new hires. Be aware that salary estimates published via alternate online job boards may not be a true representation of the actual pay range offered for this position. Please refer to the Ace position description for the accurate starting pay range information and feel free to discuss this with a Talent Acquisition professional if you are chosen to move forward with an interview. This written “Position Description” is not intended to cover all aspects of the position listed. It is meant to cover the basic/general essential job functions of a particular position. Ace Hardware Corporation reserves the right to change job duties, including essential job functions, according to business necessity.