Merchandising Sample Coordinator
Hybrid’s humble beginnings started in 1997 in the back of a print shop designing, selling, and printing tee shirts. Today, Hybrid is a global apparel industry powerhouse in brand and licensing management. Hybrid provides its expertise and fully vertical operations capability – design, merchandising, development, sourcing, production, and distribution – to a broad suite of branded, licensed, generic, and private label partners. Hybrid’s full-service apparel design and manufacturing expertise extends across the apparel category, including knits, woven tops, bottoms, tees, and accessories.
As our organization has evolved, so has our philosophy of doing business. We have made concerted efforts to remove ourselves from the antiquated approach of other apparel manufacturers and doing things differently has been our focus. We are building a company ethos that breeds innovation, collaboration, integrity and excellence in customer service.
What You'll Do
As a Merchandising Sample Coordinator, you will use strong branded background to familiarize and understand the roots of brand and how the brand fits within market trends, to grow and build the image across multiple tiers of distribution, while taking market share and building brand strength and integrity as well as that of the company. You will also assist the Head of Brand to maintain short term and long term direction and licensor relationships.
- Responsible for sample management; including ownership of sampling, tracking with product development/domestic production team, and samples for reps and licensors as well as working with product managers by account on pre-production and account samples. This requires strong alignment with cross functional teams.
- Maintain the order of the current sample line. Organize/maintain current orders by account.
- Must own/manage the sample distribution process, and maintain a sample log of what samples are out and to whom. Responsibilities also include keeping photos/photocopies of all swatches/samples sent, tracking packages, and ensuring samples are returned when necessary.
- Filter all cad requests to merchandiser for approval, then work within cad design’s calendar to get them executed quickly without disrupting existing cad design flow.
- Responsible for working with the merchandiser to ensure all T & A calendars are met.
- Accountable for providing all necessary data to customer service/production groups ensuring flawless execution of orders by working with sales and accounts to make sure all information is provided. Attend weekly planning meetings with customer service and production for status and needs.
- Be backup for department when merchandiser is traveling/out of office, being fully aligned with tasks at hand and being accessible to get answers and keep things moving.
- Step in whenever and wherever needed to get things done. Many times will entail last minute changes and can require long hours.
- Coordinate storage of samples lines from previous seasons.
- Keep track of all sales appointments, including market week, tradeshows, etc; making sure reps
- Responsible for accuracy of information in catalogs and of information on sample tags. Partner with product development and design to ensure that information is accurate and complete.
What You'll Need
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Very detail oriented
- Proficient with MS Office
- Proficient with Photoshop & Illustrator
- Must be able to work in extremely fast passed environment & react quickly to demands of the department
Hybrid Apparel is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.