We are looking for a Merchandise Specialist to join Fingerhut, a market-leading FinTech whose mission is to help its customers establish, build, or rebuild their credit! This role will be based out of our Eden Prairie office which operates in a hybrid work setting.
Fingerhut has set becoming an ‘Employer of Choice’ as one of its four ‘Transformation’ goals to kick-off in 2022. After two years of pandemic, the ‘great resignation’, highly competitive Minneapolis and national labor market given the ability to work remotely leadership recognizes that the employee experience has to be greatly enhanced from acquisition through development to lead to retention.
We are looking for a Merchandise Specialist to join our Merchandising team at Fingerhut. The Merchandising Specialist is responsible for product onboarding and product content maintenance to achieve and deliver financial results and excellent customer experience for assigned product categories. You will see the results of your work on our website, in catalogs, and through positive customer feedback. This role can be the perfect stepping stone into our dynamic organization.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Leverage technology and systems to optimize product onboarding and maintenance.
- Own start-to-finish item setup and maintenance.
- Help to execute a best-in-class site experience by accurately and efficiently setting up and maintaining products in the appropriate merchandising systems.
- Follow up with suppliers, content partners, and buying teams on missing data or assets as needed to ensure optimal and correct item presentation on the web and in the catalog.
- Troubleshoot data and image issues as needed.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify, track, and resolve issues related to product content and data quality.
- Execute ongoing product data and content changes.
- Contribute to a dynamic and fast-paced E-comm and catalog business.
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant work experience, either in a retail or corporate environment.
- Self-starter, have a high level of flexibility and commitment, and a strong drive to win.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Must be adept at working cross-functionally to achieve desired results.
- Proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office tools including Excel to achieve results.
BLST Operating Company (Bluestem Brands) is a group of FinTech and eCommerce Retail businesses led by our Northstar and Orchard Portfolios. This position falls under the Northstar Portfolio, which is led by Fingerhut - a long-standing fintech company. Fingerhut fuses our extensive years of data modeling and real-time analytics through machine learning to provide flexible payment options for our valued customers looking to establish, build, or rebuild credit. Qualifying customers use their accounts for e-Commerce purchases at fingerhut.com for everything they and their family need across a broad selection of national brands.
At Fingerhut, you’ll find responsive and supportive leaders who empower our employees, knowing they drive our success. We are continually innovating and improving, challenging ourselves to take risks, learn from mistakes, and celebrate success as a team. We also grow careers, giving employees on-the-job stretch assignments, lateral moves to expand knowledge bases, and promotional opportunities that help to accelerate development.