Department: UNIQLO Merchandising
Reporting to:US Merchandising Manager
Location:In-Person(New York City SoHo Headquarters Office & UNIQLO SoHo storefront)
The UMC MD will get hands-on experience by doing a 6 month deep dive into Uniqlo business both at Store and at SSC (US headquarters). The Candidate will split 3 days in Stores and 2 days at SSC.
At Store(UNIQLO Soho) the Candidate will take on the responsibility of a business owner, overseeing sales & inventory planning, layout & visual merchandising, profit and loss, people management, and customer satisfaction. As a member of the Store Management team, you will help fulfill the company’s corporate statement “Changing clothes. Changing conventional wisdom. Change the world.” by driving sales and profit with your team and building customer loyalty through excellent customer service. Under the supervision of your Store Manager/Trainer, you will oversee an engaged, productive store team by leading by example and demonstrating strong leadership and initiative.
At SSC (US headquarters)the Candidate will be able to get Merchandising Planning experience by shadowing a Sr Merchandise Planner in day to day tasks and responsibilities while driving strategy and optimizing inventory to meet and exceed total company financial goals for a select Subcategory. The UMC MD will need to show mastery of all Merchandising Planning tasks at the end of the 6 month rotation program per below:
- Month 1 – Introduction to Retail Math and how it applies to the UNIQLO way of analyzing business and making decisions. Understanding the general Business flash reports: daily, weekly, monthly, QTR, Half, FY
- Month 2 - Understand Official Planning from A to Z: Sum code definition, Item description, Pricing, COGS, Continuity/SKU Linking, etc.
- Month 3 – Production Planning: Fabric, Trim, PO, PH1-3, Stock Plan
- Month 4 – Weekly HBKK (business) Planning for Subcategory, suggest markdown and present at 1 Markdown meeting to MD Director and COO
- Month 5 – Monthly B200 Planning, including new item allocation/allocation, fixture index, layout, marketing,
- Month 6 – Analyze launched items and recommend Top up or Stop PH3 Ordering based on weekly sales result
At Store- Maximization of sales and profit via sales and inventory management
- Employee staffing, training and development
- Exceptional customer service
- Overall store management, supervision, and policy implementation
At SSC (Merchandising Planning Team)
- Build financial sales, gross margin and inventory plans at a weekly/monthly level at the item level
- Re-forecast business in-season based on current performance, present revised projections and recommendations to cross functional partners and senior leadership
- Create allocation strategies, incorporating the merchandise plan and flow strategy to meet store inventory needs.
- Create and plan product assortments for subcategory
- Manage replenishment plans to ensure that sales are optimized and stores are without missing skus
- Collaborate with cross functional departments, ie. Marketing and Store Operations, to ensure success of product strategies
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Entry to mid level Merchandising experience and proficiency in Excel
- Proficiency in other Microsoft Office products- Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Strong analytical and mathematical proficiency
- Ability to handle multiple projects effectively
- Sense of urgency and accuracy
- Relocation Assistance may be provided
The Company is committed to equal pay initiatives and will not ask candidates for their current or past salary.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Fast Retailing does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, citizenship, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or because of any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state or local law.