Primark's Technology department is looking for an experienced Network Architect to join the Tech Architectural Practice to define network strategy, deliver business critical design and provide operational design governance.
You will be an integral part of our Tech Architectural Practice and have principal responsibility for the network elements of our Tech Foundations Strategy, shaping Primark's network roadmap.
The Network Architect must establish relationships with new and existing third-party providers; working alongside them to ensure there is consistency, security and resilience in network design, and providing best network solutions for Primark. Through design ownership of the LAN and WAN provider engagements, you will critique and have overall accountability and signoff for all designs and design changes. Furthermore, you will be responsible for the technical relationship with our security partners as it pertains to firewall, boundary and remote access design.
The Network Architect is the key point of contact for all Tech projects requiring engagement around network design or change. You will work closely with other Platform and Domain architects, providing expertise and input into business projects and high-level designs. You will create, review and ensure solutions are fit for purpose for Primark; a part of this governance will be ensuring that budgets are sensible and financially sound to support the architecture.
Your top tasks:
- Network strategy, architecture governance and design leadership
- Develop technical product roadmaps, designs and solutions
- Network guidance to multi-functional teams
- Demonstrate value to Primark at both cost and functional levels of network decisions
- Negotiate with key stakeholders including prioritisation of projects and resources
- Provide technical design assurance for new projects, operational change and enhancements
- Provide direction and take design ownership for network elements of the infrastructure architecture, including:
o LAN, WLAN, WAN
o Data Centre networking, SDWAN, Cloud Extensions
o Telecoms, VOIP
o Network Security, Firewall, Remote access, SASE
o Traffic management, Network management
Need to haves:
- Exposure to business critical, high availability design and deployment
- Experience of technically managing complex network projects
- Experience of network design in virtualized environments
- Proven track record of WAN/LAN based network services
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to all stakeholders
- Key Technologies:
o Cisco routing & Switching including Viptela, Nexus, VXLAN & MP-BGP EVPN, VMware NSX, Aruba Wi-Fi, Firewalls Check Point & FortiGate, Load Balancing F5, Zscaler Proxy, Pulse Secure Remote Access, Azure Networking
- Relevant Professional Qualifications, i.e. CCNP
- TOGAF or equivalent architectural qualifications
- SD-WAN, SD-Access design and delivery
- Experience of Azure and/or AWS cloud services delivery
- Excellent communicator, effective problem solver and strong motivator
- Ability to operate and deliver within a highly pressurised and fast paced environment
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours as required
Why work with us?
At Primark, we know how hard everyone works to achieve our business goals. Having a competitive salary and annual bonus scheme is our way of acknowledging this. We will also provide you with a progressive career path, because clear advancement is what we are all about at Primark
Our flexible working benefit, Your Day Your Way, means you get to choose when to start and finish your workday. Choose to work remotely if you like, in a way that suits you but also helps us get the most out of your talents. There is a lively culture here, and it's easy to get to know each other in a truly warm atmosphere.